Saddlers+

If you can get sky games on there then I guess you should be able to do the same.

Im sure if they had the ifollow games on before then sky+ will be a doddle for ol’ pirates.

1 Like

1 Like

Presumably the games that would have been streamed on iFollow will be streamed on Sky+. Not got Sky so it will be a day pass on Now TV. £15 vs £10 last year :frowning_face:

1 Like

FYI though, they’ve got some deals on NOW TV for 6 months sport at 20 quid a month. Not bad really.

Apparently skysports + will be on now tv at least.

Do you have a link for that please? The best I can find is £26 a month for six months.

1 Like

I am already a customer tbf maybe it was tailored to me. It was emailed offer. Im also hanging fire because the red button games from before were not on there, so im not convinced skysports+ will be yet, even though they say they will be, on their customer forum…

Edit - it was actually 23.99. so my loyalty has not been rewarded too much :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Still £10 per game if you are watching outside the UK - or at least appear to be. :wink:

Have a Google for VPNs. Most you do need to pay a subscription for, but Windscribe is a good one that allows up to 10GB per month on the basic free account - which is based on your e-mail address so you can set up multiple ones if you have a few e-mail accounts.

Fire up the VPN, select a country you want to “be in”, pay the Saddlers+ match fee in that local currency (should work out at £10 on the current exchange rate), then on game day watch it using the same country. Obviously you need a card that allows you overseas transactions, but most do these days.

1 Like

Ya bloody criminal :laughing: :wink:

2 Likes

Not all of our games will be shown on Sky (is it 20 or so? :thinking:), so won’t be on Now either.

1 Like

Also correct. But the nerd in me is quite happy i can watch a load of league two wasters on a thursday night :rofl:

1 Like

Cheers, I’m not in a rush to subscribe, but I’m keeping an eye on the offers. By the time the season kicks off I’ll have an idea if it’s worth it.

1 Like

It’s only illegal if they catch you. :wink:

But seriously - it is only bendng not breaking the rules.

1 Like

I’m all for people getting access by whatever means as long as they are paying and the club is benefitting.
I hope that the new system will result in more of the subscriptions going directly to the club, and I also hope that it is more difficult to stream for free. We need the money. We aren’t a premier shite club.

4 Likes

It wont be. The great footballing finance crash will come eventually.

1 Like

Yes, even with a VPN (whether you pay for it or use a free one) you still have to pay Saddlers+ to watch the game. Unlike those dodgy Firesticks …

2 Likes

Maybe, but if you are a supporter of a L2 club, that tenner is way more important than a Liverpool fan watching on a streaming service via the Middle East.

1 Like

I do hope so.

I agree, there is a reason even the national league clubs negotiated a new streaming deal and it wasnt because of Wrexham. Wrexham just had the clout they finally needed.

1 Like

Just a point about the dodgy firesticks - the only way I can watch Walsall is via ifollow/Saddlers+ so it is a godsend and I am happy to pay the very reasonable charge. Money goes to the club. But, if you watch all the games illegally, without paying, that does the club no good at all. And anyone that does do that should certainly stop complaining on UTS.

Personally, I think they should extend the scheme. Nothing is as good as a live match but there are people who are disabled and find it difficult to go as well as many others for whom a trip to the Bescot is a major expedition. I suspect if anyone could subscribe, it would not really diminish the gates and it would bring in extra cash.

3 Likes