Saddlers+

About the quality of the football or the buffering? :joy: :wink:

2 Likes

I am not a Sky subscriber so I will presumably be able to pay a fee per game but if away games are shown in The Locker I will certainly be down there to watch.

2 Likes

It says in the FAQs that detected VPNs will be blocked and no refund given. Do you know how likely they are to be able to detect them.

I have a firestick and use it whenever I can’t get to games. I have a season ticket so they’ve had some money off me but for the rest I’ll do it for free. Not arsed, football has taken the piss out of fans for years and continues to do so with ever increasing ticket prices throughout the football league amongst other things.

10 Likes

Its not a very good VPN if its detected :wink:

2 Likes

In general, I agree. If you get utility out of Walsall FC and don’t contribute anything financially then that doesn’t seem fair or right. Also shouldn’t give you any right to complain or moan.

If however, you pour thousands in every season like lots of us do, then a bit of give and take feels fine.

For those abroad it is actually a good way to make a contribution and watch the team. If they watch every game then they have my admiration despite not setting foot inside a ground to watch us. Covid gave me a taste of that life. Fourth division football via fourth division coverage was frankly awful.

I agree, I was referring to anyone who only used non-paying means. I would have it that there should be access for season-ticket holders anyway.

I’m not and will never be a Sky subscriber, nor a VPN’er so it’ll have to be Now TV for me at £15 (vs £10 for overseas subscribers and £10 last season). Presumably highlights will still be available on the club site, or will they be enhanced away too?

2 Likes

No one should be losing sleep over not giving sky any money.

Club receives the money regardless…

5 Likes

Saddlers + is nowt to do with Sky though, is it? My understanding is that if you buy a pass through Saddlers + then that money goes to the club? Obviously if you watch it for free on IPTV instead, then the club are missing out on the revenue.
Happy to be corrected on this, but that’s my take on it.

Talking about non televised games, not the ones that will be shown on Sky.

1 Like

You are correct. Just a general comment on pirating sky.

Saddlers+ won’t have any games on for UK customers though will it? Not like I follow when the midweek games were available.

That’s my understanding too, although the Saddlers+ coverage will be what is included in the highlights package for the majority of games.

Oh, I thought the midweek games / international week games would be available via the new platform?

Again, not certain but that’s my understanding.

Audio passes only I think. Essentially sky now have all the rights for UK customers. I believe.

1 Like

Cheers
Hadn’t appreciated that… in which case, fook em :smile:

3 Likes

I hope the coverage is better with sky’s infrastructure though. Ifollow was a pile of guff.

1 Like

Especially the in match replays

Same here - even though I’m in the UK (just about), watching a match live is a 3-day, 1200 mile round trip. No way I can attend in person, but ifollow was a way for me to keep watching - and to put a bit of money the club’s way. If it was an option, I’d pay season ticket prices to be able to watch matches online from where I am.

8 Likes

I’m sure I read that only selected games would have multi camera coverage - presumably those selected for broadcast. The majority will the be single camera iFollow set up. I’m not sure who will do the commentary.

I understand that the existing arrangement will continue for the audio comentary which will continue to be available for UK residents via saddlers+