Saddlers+

From the official WFC site:

towards the bottom of this page:
https://www.saddlers.co.uk/videos/faqs

The iFollow rules said you couldn’t use a VPN either - but I (or rather my dad) only had an issue with that once (can’t remember which game) and it still worked again afterwards.

But if they can indeed detect you are using a VPN to watch a game they ought to be able to detect you also using it to make the initial purchase too and not accept payment.

EDIT. Point 2.8.11 of the iFollow Terms & Conditions iFollow Terms and Conditions - The English Football League

1 Like

A possibly more pressing issue (especially for some of those who are legitimately watching outside of the UK) - not only is the new Walsall app not on the Amazon app store but you can only successfully sideload it on newer versions of Firestick running Fire OS 7 or later (iFollow worked with at least OS 6 if not earlier ones too).

You may still be able to watch games on a Firestick direct from the Walsall website using the Silk browser but it used to be a bit iffy about you browsing in mobile mode so you might need to switch it to desktop instead (ditto laptops).

Also note that if you have the Sky Sports app on your phone (and a subscription) you can only watch content on the phone screen as it prevents you from casting it to a TV or other external device (unless someone knows a workaround?)

1 Like

Not criticizing Walsall, but just noting that Vale offer a few goodies to their foreign fans who buy a season video pass.

5 Likes

That is impressive. The two tickets alone - assuming those abroad are in Burslem at some point - knock off a fair chunk of the price.

Personally don’t think that’s anywhere near enough to tempt Belp away from saddlers :wink: maybe add a bit of vino and who knows .

1 Like

Cheers Andy
I’ll be sending that to the club forthwith :smile:

2 Likes

Just checking - there’s no issue with two people logging into your account at the same time from different locations? If this works I’ll be going down this road I think.

Can’t wait to not understand a word of the Irish commentary Tuesday

1 Like

Just checked and it would now appear that this year they have changed things it was alway 2 devices could be watched simultaneously the account holder can register up to4 different devices but only 2 allowed at same time .we also added boost later which allowed a third .£6 month and had streaming quality so my mates son could watch as well .it now appears to be register up to 6 devices 1 device watch. or add boost 3 can watch simultaneously I’ll send you the link on nowtv theres very conflicting information on the internet good job you asked as I would not have liked to mislead you .it was always 2 devices as I understood my son in law as always been the account holder.the cost between 2 would be £16 each per month which is still only £4 a week for 12 channels of sports obviously once a subscriber you may get a better deal at the end of 6 months as we have £23 instead of the current offer £26 hope this helps .

https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices#:~:text=Watch%20on%201%20device%20at,Otherwise%2C%20it’s%20just%20one.

Thanks very much, that’s really helpful.

I (obviously) live in the States so getting to watch all 46 live, league games is like actually being there for me.
I wouldn’t care what it cost, it’s well worth it and the money is going to the club so it’s good value as far as I’m concerned.
I’m looking forward to the start of the season, but we’re awfully light up front and that needs to be addressed quickly.

4 Likes

does anyone know if the saddlers+ games will be on the dodgy fire sticks? I assume the sky sports+ games will be as it already comes with the sky package

The Irish fella delivered the best commentary I can remember hearing on any game. Top man, very knowledgable about us.

5 Likes

I think the FA/FL are announcing which dodgy fire sticks have won the broadcast rights on September 31st.

1 Like

Wow. Agree 100% with this. :clap:

Better than our boring media ‘lap dogs’.

How much better was the Irish guy than the Birmingham crap the other day?
So much better well done that man

3 Likes

Agreed. Hopefully the $180 will be good value for us overseas.

Irish commentator was fantastic and a breath of fresh air.

1 Like