Saddlers+

Radio WM would probably do a commentary anyone and all the matches are recorded for highlight’s purposes so the only real extra is the live streaming.

What I do not know is what will happen when one of the games is on Sky, whether the ifollow offering will just be that streamed or the usual ifollow running in parallel. The deal on Saddlers+ explicitly covers all 46 matches for Leagues 1 and 2,

The BBC have lost the rights for EFL matches and commentary will be provided by TalkSport. It remains to be seen if that will be an improvement. The BBC still have rights to Carabou Cup matches.

I don’t follow that article. It says that TalkSports have the rights for just 15 live matches in League 2. Given that anyone can buy an audio pass, who will be giving the commentary?

Agreed, it’s not clear.

Re-reading it, this agreement surely only applies to national broadcasting?

I think the keyword here is National Talksport has long held the rights for EFL matches broadcast on a national level. Radio WM(BBC) has held the rights for local broadcasts only.

The EFL has renewed its national radio rights deal with talkSPORT for a further four years, with the industry leading high-profile coverage set to continue across the broadcast platform for all EFL Clubs from the 2024/25 season onwards.

This would seem to indicate that local broadcasts will continue as before Leeds United & BBC Radio Leeds announce new two-year deal - Leeds United

I got £23 a month just today when I went through cancellation process after original £26 month .i share subscription so £11.50 a month I’m a happy bunny got full sports the lot .

Pretty crap marketing when the customer has been given zero indication of the quality of the offering.
I dread to think how the audio commentary will turn out now that the BBC has been dumped.

2 Likes

We have just agreed it hasn’t

1 Like

I agree the announcement and detail about the offering has been dire.

1 Like

Probably because it is actually a worse offering for UK based supporters, who can no longer access midweek away games.

Can’t you share it with someone like I do.The £26 a month is a good deal at £13 each don’t think you’ll get a better offer unless you are already a subscriber and cancel.we have gone through a negotiation process for a month now till got this today .£20 a month days were last year and only very limited.

I just tried accessing the games currently on offer (just 2 at the moment) Without a VPN, the Blues game is buyable at £5 but the Morecambe one says it’s not available in my region. Switch on the VPN (Windscribe) and I can now also buy Morecambe - says £10 (rather than the local denomination as happened with iFollow), but when you click on the match video button to buy it only asks for £2.50??? :thinking:

Looks like you can only buy games from the Saddlers+ bit of the OS website, not via the Walsall FC app (similar to how iFollow used to work).

Not purchased a game yet (planning to be at all of them again, I only buy for my dad when he’s not coming too), but can’t see how you add a card to your account so can reuse it rather than have to keep putting in the details every time.

I’ve not looked at either the app or Saddlers+ yet so difficult for me to comment but I’m hoping it’ll just be a similar process to ifollow when required :crossed_fingers:

Is it definitely a video because when I look on there from UK the Morecambe game is showing a match pass for £2.50 which is an audio pass?

1 Like

Well spotted. :+1:

Despite me clicking on the Morecambe video button rather than the audio option, it still takes you to a page with both options that has the audio as default so I have to scroll right to get to the video one. Need to remember that so I don’t get accidentally caught in future.

1 Like

I thought that those selected by Sky for broadcast (i.e. Morecambe, Tranmere and Colchester) would not be available for streaming in the UK??

They’re not. Andy and Steve are talking about what appears available from the perspective of the international subscriber.

1 Like

I’m happy. All the transaction fees have been processed (currency conversion most importantly), so it looks like it will be ok. Now give that strikers and the season can start. And the Birmingham game is for testing purposes. If streaming infrastructure will handle the season, or not.

Correct. None of the live video streams for games will be available for UK (or perceived UK) viewers - whether they are on Sky or not, midweek, on international breaks, or in the various cup competitions (the friendly against Blues being an exception).

However, if you are watching abroad ( or appear to be - i.e using a VPN) then you can buy and watch them. And the audio only option is still available to anyone.