Salford

It’s sold out mate , pay on the gate only.

It could be interesting in Manchester with 8,000 Port Fail fans in town as well…

1 Like

You can book tickets online:

The link is in blue under the Tickets heading as you scroll down. It’s £1 admin fee and the tickets are e-tickets.

Glad to see they updated the league they are in on the website.

Just got mine , I tried to book through their website but it wasn’t playing ball.

However I got it sorted with a phone call (when I got through).

Little bit pissed off about this game. If it hadn’t been New Year this would be one of my weeks working up in Manchester so just an extra night at the usual hotel which is only a couple of miles from Salford’s ground. Or else was hoping one of other of us would still be in the FA Cup so would be postponed to midweek when I’m already up there. Instead it’s an extra 170 mile round trip from Telford and missing out on a Friday night in Manchester city centre. :frowning_face:

As others have said, not much around the ground itself to get excited about - and it’s nowhere near Salford Quays (which is closer to Old Trafford than anywhere else) - although you might get a glimpse of Gary Lineker on his way to do MotD though as that’s where the BBC studios now are. Any Smiths fans going up should search out the not-too-far-away Salford Lad’s Club where you can recreate the iconic cover photo from their The Queen Is Dead album.

For those going by train (and who like real ale/craft), there is the Piccadilly Tap right outside the station on the slope heading down towards the city centre. Further on there are a couple of cheap and nasty Wetherspoon type places around the edge of Piccadilly Gardens where you will find Bundobust - an outstanding Indian street food place (even if it is all veggie/vegan, tastes fantastic and relatively cheap) with an amazing bar selection (you don’t have to eat to use it). Further along towards Victoria there is the Micro Bar next to the indoor market within the Arndale that is worth a visit and just found the corner from Vic station/Shudehill transport interchange. The Lower Turk’s Head opposite the interchange can be hit and miss beerwise but is OK as a pub.

Close by there is the Printworks (where they used to produce the Manchester Evening News - whose head sports editor was a Saddler’s fan at one point) which is now full of eateries and bars - including a German bierkeller. Not too far from there is the National Football Museum if you have a bit of time to kill.

If you are tramming in from the Quays to Victoria/Shudehill then could do worse than get off at the station at the bottom end of Deansgate and walk the length of that to find loads of pubs and bars - including an absolutely massive Wetherspoons (Moon Under Water) - or eat at the Tapas bar TAST part owned by Pep Guardiola (which isn’t too far from Rio Ferdinand’s Italian restaurant Rosso).

Otherwise there are loads of decent pubs to be found all around the city (my local of choice when I stay up there is the Smithfield Market Tavern in the Northern Quarter). My favourite in the neighbouring city of Salford being the New Oxford close to Salford cathedral. I could name getting on for at least 50 other pubs/bars you could try but it all depends on what sort of thing you are each looking for (beer, food, music, decor, atmosphere, clientele, theme, history, whatever). For Chunkster’s benefit though (as I know he likes the Fox near Newport) - Brunning & Price also own the very pleasantly located Wharf on the canal basin at Castlefield (loads of other places very close by).

7 Likes

We are heading to pendleton in Salford, about 10 mins from the ground

from the WFC facebook account:

Walsall FC Official

·

:tickets: We have been informed by Salford City that #Saddlers fans can now purchase tickets for Saturday’s game through their ticket office.

:telephone_receiver: Call Salford on 0161 241 9772 or visit their website to purchase :point_right: https://bit.ly/2MOPj2s

More information👉 https://bit.ly/39wfF39

Was just about to post the same pal. Wouldn’t surprise me if this were a last minute ploy to not make any available on the day. I suspect there will be a Friday announcement to say the same.

I’ve got my ticket but if I hadn’t I’d be calling that number today.

I have the details handwritten of how i am going to get there. Like somebody has already said, It is not Salford. I am leaving Wigan at 10am to be on the safe side.

We have just got 9 tickets direct from Salford ticket office. Can see us selling out for this one.

4 Likes

Nice that mate.

Hope you have a good weekend!

1 Like

Got my 5 tickets threw the salford ticket office theyve emailed them to me .sorted .carnt wait

Cheers mate you too :+1:

Whats parking like up there Andy?

Crap immediately around the ground. Loads of car parks around the city centre if you want to park up early for a drink and get the bus there and back (e.g. at the Arndale or the Arena) - but none for free. There is a park & ride for a couple of quid advertised on their club website - but then no handy watering holes. Depends on your priorities …

1 Like

https://www.bescotbanter.net/2020/01/ref-watch-chris-pollard-to-take-charge.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+bescotbanterfeed+(Bescot+Banter)&m=1

The ref for the game likes his cards 2 reds in 15 games officiated.

You going Scoob?

I ain’t mate I’ve got my girls this weekend they wanna spend some Christmas money down town I’m looking at Cheltenham though let you know what I’m doing :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Yeah they only have 225 tickets available. Can see trouble if 500 Walsall fans turn up on the day and can’t get in!

Gutted though sounds like we are gonna take a right load up there and like @saddla just said gonna be chaos if people can’t get in such a good following that is well done to all.

1 Like