Sam Perry - new contract

You might as well get yourself down dale’s Lane then mate cuz it definitely won’t be a 3 Year contract 12 months with a option possibly but knowing walsall could be 6 months.

Do you really think so, I’d be amazed if we were that stupid :man_shrugging:t3:

Well we gave Henry a 3 year deal and it paid off well. My guess is that this is a 2 year deal with a possible option for a further year.

1 Like

Really good that Sam staying but I hope it more than one year contract surely it at least 2

The way he’s been playing, very well deserved.
He has a very bright future in football, hopefully with Walsall.

Very pleased. Cracking young player.

I didn’t say he wouldn’t, you have immediately decided that it was only a one year deal with no other reason than you ‘think’ it is the case. My comment was just that we don’t know all the details, it might be a one year with another year in the club’s favour. Remember Baxendale and his 3 year deal?

1 Like

Well maybe the club shouldn’t be so useless and provide us with the full facts.

Granted, my comment was more in general than necessarily pertaining to Perry’s situation.

1 Like

What joy do you get from supporting Walsall? Everything seems to be a negative and the glass half empty.

1 Like

There’s no joy in watching our club lose its best players for peanuts cause we offer 12 month contracts to our players. Adebayo would have cost a championship club millions but not at Walsall. We’re repeating the same mistakes time and time again. Good businessman invest in their assets. This feels like bonsor all over. Wouldn’t surprise me if bonsor paying Leigh a wage to run things in his name and the fans have fallen for it hook line and sinker. What other reason could there be for the continued insanity?. I’m logging off this now and I’m switching off from football till after the euros and gonna reevaluate the situation then cause it’s driving me insane.

1 Like

I get no Joy whatsoever at the moment because I can clearly see where we are heading.
The prospect of another season of struggle in this dog and duck league 2 is not exactly enthralling either , Hopefully we win the league next season and I can be as joyful as you .

2 Likes

Buzzing for this. I’d argue his already our best cm so and could be a huge player c

1 Like

Millions? He’d scored 10 goals in League 2 this season.

Happy about this… loads better than bates

I’d let Stuart Sinclair go and unfortunately if we need to raise money for a striker I’d let Josh go I’d also let Jack Nolan go just my personal view.

2 Likes

I know we still operate like it’s 1999 but in the championship nowadays clubs pay millions for a good striker in today’s market. He will be sold by Luton for over a million mark my words. Holden and Perry will go for peanuts cause we operate like smallsall

What’s unfortunate about letting Gordon go I’ll give him the daysaver to get himself to halesowen town myself he might score 6-7 goals for them

Stay up :white_check_mark:
Start re-signing our best players :white_check_mark:
Get the DOF appointment right :point_right:
Sign some proven goalscorers :arrow_up:

Surely there’s some grounds for a bit of positivity and optimism, especially measured against where we could have been with say, 3 defeats in a row against the three teams we’ve just played that were all much higher up the league?

7 Likes

That was good too. He ticks many boxes, so it was a good move by the club. May the form and good health be with you then.