Sam Perry - new contract

Anyone know what length of contract Holden is on?Surely he wasn’t given a 1 year…

Great news.

Sure it was 3 mate.

Good stuff, cheers

1 Like

Just to point out that Holden had a loan spell at Rochdale before he signed on loan for us. They, nor anyone else at that level came in for him because he didn’t really impress.
I was very pleasantly surprised when we managed to sign him, and pay money, because by then he was showing some ability and was contracted at Bristol City. They could quite easilly have sent him back into L1 to see how he developed as was the case with Pring.

There’s also an awful lot of talk about Sam Perry being an academy product. He isn’t really, we signed him when he was released by Villa having been with their academy, so again we’ve taken a chance on someone local and hopefully its paying off for all concerned.

You can’t have it all ways. Walsall FC have signed these lads and clearly improved them, but they were literally just prospects - as was Adebayo to a large extent. It can, and frequently does go the other way. I think the fee we got for Ade was about right, if Luton do sell him for millions then presumabley that will be because he steps up two levels and becomes a player at that standard. Its similar to say Ivan Toney joining Newcastle for what was believed to be about 400k after one fairly good season at Northampton in the 4th tier. He’s worth millions now because he’s scored goals in L1 and then the Championship, but he wasn’t worth millions when he was at Northampton.

7 Likes

It’s unfortunate because he does work hard and gives his all not so much recently but he has for the majority of his time here.He just doesn’t score enough goals to warrant the name striker,he seems to have lost his way since DC played him on the wing and after his spell out the team with injury.

Great news indeed! A couple of decent strikers and I’ll be lumping on again next season (the bastards owe me :rage: )

Does seem odd though that the all important length of contract hasn´t been divulged for either Sam or the Oss. Can´t think of a good reason not to.

Not wanting to be pessimistic as I’m glad he’s signed a deal but surely if it was a, say, three year deal they’d want to share the news?

1 Like

Was it definitely just a one year deal last year when he signed?
If it was a two year, then this could be a years extension on that remaining year presumably on better terms.

This is good news. UTS

Happy days. As others have said, hopefully the length of the deal is decent and/or has extensions which can be triggered.

Great news this

I have no issues letting Lavery and Gordon go in the summer. Neither are anything close to consistent.
Lavery is such a clumsy, awkward footballer and Gordon has never regained his form since his injury.
I would also let Sinclair go so he can reunite with DC at Vale.

2 Likes

Agree with that, Wes can bugger off as well.

1 Like

Wes has looked disinterested for some time more than likely has had move lined up. Only consolation is that after his last contract extension he would have been one of the better paid players which can be used on a decent replacement or a good striker.

1 Like

Couldn’t you just say well done the club great business instead of he’ll be gone by January. Bet you’ve been great company throughout Lockdwn.

1 Like

Wes aint interested you can see that a mile off and Dutton knows it shame as he is capable at this level spoke to a few Tranmere fans in recent months and they thought he was one of the best players they have seen this season.

1 Like

What we offer a player, and what a player agrees to are two entirely different things. We could offer a player three years, but if they won’t sign that what real choice do we have. But let’s not let reality get in the way of slagging the club off again.

5 Likes

Capable in only 1 game out of 5 though. We got 6 good months out of him, he signed a new contract, and hasn’t been the same player since.

Aptitude is nothing without attitude.

2 Likes