Scarlet Pomperlet

Good post P.T
I might add to that, LP never promised us anything like promotions or investment. He simply stated those were the goals the club was hoping to attain in the future.
Some of the things he spoke about have already been achieved, the new management team, new squad of players and securing our financial position through the pandemic.
Did we sign all of our targets? No, we didn’t. I’m sure our league position wasn’t exactly enticing to potential suitors, neither were the wages we offered…
Leigh is trying his best to turn this club around, it would definitely help maters if we supported him in his efforts.
Some of the criticism he’s received is undeserved, and some of it, sadly, has been bordering on hateful .

6 Likes

If you also listen to what Miller said, he says that his first conversation with MT and I assume therefore the Club, was the day before the transfer window closed. This therefore does not tie up with what the club have previously said about chasing a striker for weeks. I would have thought that Walsall would have been speaking to the associated club, player and agent long before the penultimate day of the transfer window.

Miller is obviously therefore 16th choice and was not one on the original desired list of recruits. I can live with that but I just wished the club wouldn’t pretend otherwise.

9 Likes

Anyone who believes a word that comes out his mouth is a moron. Full of pap. Reinvest pombear. Forget the Rico and adebayo money. There is no way the outgoing salaries have been reinvested into the team. Top 10 budget my arse. Prove it.

That’s the thing when they release the annual accounts how is he going to explain the wage bill ? If it’s the same or less as last season it’s not top 10 and it’s definitely not “really giving it a go” We could get a 3 million windwall from Rico and still have the same budget.

I imagine some Director loans might have been repaid

The problem is he tells so many blatant lies whether that’s to protect the business I’ve heard that excuse before or not one day he’s definitely going to slip up with these interviews and say something that’s going to need some serious explaining afterwards

1 Like

Have to say that isn’t what I heard. There is no reference to him being the striker that Pomlett mentioned previously. The point about JF and MT working hard to make transfers happen was in reference to the 13 players brought it so far as part of the whole window and Summer business.

The striker from a southern club (Millwall, I believe) that JF went to see was unfortunately injured, forcing us to look elsewhere.

Bet Pomlett is looking forward to it as much as Clarke is (above is from the Vale fan forum taking place this evening).

The horrible thing about it is at the moment i think they would beat us :frowning:

1 Like

Millwall loaned 2 forwards out. 1 to Hartlepool and he scored against us and the other to Sutton United. I think we just couldn’t attract them. Probs not money but may have been able to offer the necessary game time. The lad who went to Sutton probs still lives at home and played there last season. Some offers are more attractive than living in a bedsit in Walsall.

2 Likes

I get that the lad who went to Sutton might have wanted to stay fairly local, but on that basis how do you account for the guy who went to Hartlepool, which is about as far away from Millwall as he could have gone in England?

As he said there’s other factors. Maybe they guaranteed him game time that we wouldn’t. Maybe the coach there has a reputation for developing lads as opposed to an unknown like Matty.

I used to work at a club that couldn’t compete much financially so paired with the local uni to offer players the chance to study Degrees during the season. I’m not saying that’s what’s happened here, but it’s an example of a hundred little things that might have swayed him.

“Used to…”

:joy:

7 Likes

Was that before you got the job at the Banks’s Leigh/Dan/Stef?

7 Likes

A vale fan posted this on the league 2 forum as well tonight must still be bad blood there.

1 Like

Don’t know what to make of the latest You Tube video. Pretty pleased?. I’m certainly not.

As things stand at the moment I think Clarke and vale will have huge grins when they’ve played us, I ain’t looking forward to those games.

1 Like

Imagine enjoying hating the team you’ve chosen to support so much that anyone who doesn’t want to join you in total hate MUST have some affiliation with the club. That’s a twisted mind.

Imagine being unable to comprehend a supporter might be able to see things from different views. Imagine being unable to comprehend a supporter doesn’t want to fill their life with hatred of the entity they follow.

Just imagine…