Scarlet Pomperlet

There’s a lot of, no other word, bullshit in that.

Lots of other clubs in for George Miller? Really? It wasn’t a last gasp loan grab for anyone we could get exactly like previous seasons? Ok.

No word on the lack of cover in the squad. Let’s all hope Ward, who already looks like he’s towing a caravan, doesn’t get injured.

My favourite: “there might be better technical players out there, doesn’t mean we want them … we want players THAT CARE WHEN THEY LOSE”

Sorry what? I’d rather have better technical players who don’t f***ing lose in the first place Leigh!

More powerful than last seasons squad? Hmm not sure. Wilkinson is an upgrade on the nonexistent right winger we had last year. Rushworth is better than Roberts. After that the jury is very much out. Fed up of that being parroted, particularly when Pomlett himself was bigging those very same squads up himself as well. You lose credibility when you’re shown to be just paying lip service over and over.

4 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one thinks this and have done for a good while now

4 Likes

Unless Barnsley has moved places on the map the player Pomlett kept referring to was down South which was were our illustrious DoF was heading for.

3 Likes

Dont belive that better my arse and loved it when he went to call us customers then stopped himself and said supporters thats what they really think of us

Like it or not, Mills is probably the first choice cover for both full back positions. Should White AND Ward both be unavailable my guess is Leak would play right back and Mills on the left?

I’m not saying that’s ideal, but it’s probably the realistic situation.

2 Likes

Are you sure it was customers and not something else that he stopped himself from calling us :wink:

4 Likes

From what I’ve seen of Mills he struggles to play football in his chosen position. He is not cover at left back.

It’s not a case of like it or not, that is reality.

2 Likes

It seemed like there was a lot he could have said but he didn’t for whatever reason.
He chooses his words carefully so as not to leave himself and his staff open to criticism, but the fans can see the failings at the club first hand, which have been ongoing for years, and have nothing to do with the effects of Covid.
As regards the playing side, he stands by the recruitment processes of his DoF, and made no comment on lack of suitable cover in certain areas of the pitch. That’s disappointing.
Still, time will tell, and if we’re towards the
bottom of the table in Jan, he’ll have lot of explaining to do.

It might be your reality, but from the current squad, who plays left back if Ward is unavailable?

That makes whoever that is, the cover at left back, no?

Why oh why oh why do we have to persist with this cashless bollocks? Yes, society is using it less and less but go to Asda and I can still pay in cash or on card. Why do we have to be one thing or the other?

3 Likes

It’s not my reality, it is reality.

Nobody, we didn’t sign anyone.

1 Like

Barnsley is down south if your in Aberdeen.

1 Like

I find it hard to buy into this many clubs were after him and we managed to “secure his signature” crap sorry he’s a kid from Barnsley not Ronaldo.

2 Likes

We must of come in at the last minute for him then, judging by his comments it was a quick turnaround

I’ll tell you something for free if we get any long term injuries to Labadie Wilkinson Earing or Kiernan or any 2 of those at the same time we are in crap street and with the starting 11 pretty much being the same week in week out with Saturday Tuesday Saturday Tuesday a regular occurrence players like Ward are going to struggle big time.

I think we all couldn’t quite hear the (South) Yorkshire bit that me must have muttered under his breath!

Not being funny, and I thought it at the same time with the Brian Dutton episode, I think LP is too nice and not hard and ruthless enough to sort the underlying root causes of the shambles out and the deadwood and hangers on who are stealing a living

Time will tell just hope he doesn’t realise until its too late

Not sure Barnsley will take him back after he said he didn’t talk to them about the move and doesn’t really care what they think it’s about him and playing for Walsall :rofl: fair play young man fair play.

6 Likes

Isn’t that the case for pretty much any club in this division though? No club will have the luxury of two great players for every single position.

Wonder how many don’t have more than one left back or left wing at all with an attacking options made up completely of loanees …

2 Likes