Scott Laird

It’s very rare that you improve the side by borrowing reserve players from a league below the one in which you play! I like Scott but this does smack of cheap and cheerful.

1 Like

Seven… Roberts was released and resigned technically.

1 Like

speaking of Wilson was he not playing right back for Lincoln last season? could be the end of Leahy and Devlin in motion here or he may play at centre back like in his last spell with us.He is certainly better than that carthorse Guthrie.

I’ve got no problem with the signing, he’s a player we know is decent on his day, so it’s a positive.

What is disappointing is that it’s now clear we have such a small network of players we can tap in to.

5 Likes

Yeah that maybe the case on both parts, but what we’ve got in Laird is a player who despite only ever being a loan player for us genuinely cares about this club and wants to play for us and do well. Yeah he might not have played alot this season, but I think just having him around the place will be great. He’s a funny, confident experienced guy that knows everything about this club, you can’t tell me that with the form we’re in that we don’t need a few bodies like this in at the moment?

8 Likes

Who the ■■■■ claimed Jeff signed him? :roll_eyes: and more to the point signing Scott Laird is hardly going to be something people protest about. I don’t think Jeff gives a ■■■■ who we sign as long as it is in budget.

But I can certainly see why certain managing directors would want an ex fan favourite to come in at the minute considering they will be the ones facing the fans ire. And as I’ve explained, this happens in football frequently.

1 Like

What that angry cultists flew fully fuel-laden planes into two buildings, which from the damage and heat weakened the outer steel supports causing a collapse precisely according to the laws of physics? Yes.
And that another damaged building left burning unattended for seven hours also collapsed in a similar manner? Yes.

1 Like

I wonder who is going to be brave enough to tell Deano we have signed Laird :grin:

2 Likes

Morris’ Mom?

3 Likes

Exactly. I’ll give him my full support once he puts a shirt on and I hope he exceeds expectations.

There’s nothing wrong with those expectations being pretty low to begin with though considering some extremely fair points.

Plus, I have it on very good authority that his missus is … quite pleasant on the eye (was NOT the way it was told to me :wink:)

With 2 new fullbacks,I can see Keates using Luke Leahy and Nicky Devlin in midfield rolls,and maybe they may flourish in midfield.

3 Likes

Or maybe bench roles, which is where they should have been used a long time ago.

And maybe we get a proper defensive set up where the wide midfield players provide some cover for the full backs. Then we’ll stop letting so many goals in and the not-so-intelligent fans will all say “see, it was the full backs”!!

1 Like

Spot on…defending is a team issue and we haven’t defended as a team.

Pleased with this signing

Solidity,experience at this level, knows the club so can settle quickly and a loud voice at the back organising

1 Like