Scrimshaw Gone

More tinpot by the season

2 Likes

Pathetic. We better get someone like Diaby now! Won’t hold my breath.

2 Likes

Disappointed he has gone to Newport as I don’t understand why Bournemouth would prefer him to go there (unless money).
I liked his effort, but apart from Vale he didn’t really fit in with our system.
Yes he played wherever the Clarke wanted him to play, but needed to play down the centre in a 4-4-2. We saw a glimpse of what he could do with Holden pulling the strings, but he didn’t suit the hoof ball we played without Holden. Someone quicker who can chase long balls may be a better fit.

1 Like

You make good points there mate. Thing is, he was settling in and improving, just like Elijah last season.
I’ll be surprised if we replace him with something better during the window, but as always, I live in hope.

Really is a joy to support walsall (not)… disappointed reading this as dc said he wanted to keep scrimshaw… wonder what league we need to be in to compete financially

Maybe Bournemouth received offers from other clubs, such as Newport County, to take Scrimshaw on loan for the remainder of the season?
Maybe Bournemouth spoke with him about this & asked if he’d like to try life at another club, playing in a different system?
Maybe Scrimshaw said, “Yes, why not? I’ll probably learn something new that will aid my professional development.”?

At the end of the day he’s Bournemouth’s player & they will do what they think is best for him. Doesn’t matter whether WFC wanted to keep him or not really.

2 Likes

Absolutely pathetic. Walsall Wood would out muscle us financially.

2 Likes

Good luck to him. As likeable and enthusiastic as he was, he did only score in one game for us so if Clarke thinks he can get someone more prolific or someone to play out wide for the same kind of deal then fair enough/

And if you don’t like it you can go support Luton, Rotherham or Newport :laughing:

1 Like

Tbf I’m not too fussed as long has we replace him, he gave his all but lacked any quality to be honest, shouldn’t be too hard to replace.

Well i find that move extraordinary? i think it says a lot more about us as a club than anything else :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Stinks of penny pinching again mate they obviously pay wages

5 Likes

Tend to agree Chunk not because I thought he was particularly brilliant but unless Clarke has got someone better in the bag then it’s a sad indictment of our club .

5 Likes

We won’t sign anyone better, very disappointed.

2 Likes

Come on really, your going on like we have just lost Adebayo. The lad had bags of determination but not alot else.

3 Likes

Fair comment but it’s the fact we wanted to keep him but wouldn’t pay anything towards his wages that’s annoying mate

1 Like

100% correct, but I’m sure if we get another free loan with abit more quality im sure all will be forgiven and forgot. I’d be more interested in getting two attacking midfielders one who can play on the right and free up gordon to play up top

1 Like

You could have said the same about Adebayo at this stage last season though.

1 Like

Lol hardly, but I am disappointed that we have lost our best option off the bench.

1 Like

That’s not a fact. That’s your interpretation of what happened.

1 Like

What are the odds, with a two week break to bring a player or two in to bed them in, we sign someone next Friday! :smiley:

2 Likes