Scrimshaw Gone

Nolan

I find it staggering that a 19 year old professional footballer isn’t ultra fit in the modern game.

Extremely disappointed by his contribution this season. I expected a lot more.

Needs to realise his potential and shape up before its too late!

4 Likes

Yeah how difficult is it to be in shape at 19 as a professional athlete! At least Guthrie can claim metabolism.

3 Likes

I once saw Simon Garner have a fag pitchside at half time when playing for Wycombe.

They may be extreme athletes now, but it wasn’t always that way haha.

2 Likes

Me too. But he was beginning to break through, especially when he was played in a more impactful position. I for one was starting to warm to him. I wonder if he’s pleased to be back in Bournemouth and / or looking forward to a loan where a better manager knows where his strength are.

1 Like

I saw Colin Taylor having a cigarette once when he was warming up before KO (away v Oxford when we got stuffed by them, one frosty Xmas).

What about Nurse’s against Bradford City?

1 Like

OK scrimshaw in the top two. :zipper_mouth_face:

Not good enough. Had a go however so all the best.

Lavery may as well pack his bags and try and get a deal somewhere else for next season.

One of the many DC transfer successes😂

I’m actually sorry to see him go. I get why people don’t think he was good enough but he seemed to be everywhere when he played, a proper worker and our play is built around working hard. Not bad for a back up, and lets face it, he was coming in to cover for Gordon and if ever Adebayo/Lavery (the latter who I actually don’t rate and would rather Scrimshaw over) got injured.

6 Likes

Didn’t we once have a manager that used to smoke from the dugout during games? Not going back too far either.

Absolutely. He wasn’t elegant, nor was he clinical as such. He is an honest, hardworking front man who unsettles defences. Still a very young (raw) professional, with plenty of scope for development (short-long term).

Anyway he’s departed now. We can look forward to Harry Kane and/ or Kylian Mbappé signing for the mighty Saddlers tomorrow! :joy:

1 Like

I’m sure FGR or Salford would have something to say about that …

1 Like

Jan Sorensen was a smoker not sure he smoked in the dug out though.

I think he was responding to the post before about Nolan!

Thanks for the clarification JJ

Scrimshaw has joined newport county on loan for remainder of the season

1 Like

I’m annoyed to read that :rage:

3 Likes

Plenty of clubs signing players now and this isnt surprising probably paying some of his wage which we wont do.

1 Like