Scunthorpe United (A) - Sat 24th April, 3pm

Great research and most of those players would probably have came to us before Scunthorpe. How things have changed at our club.

They’ll limp to at best a draw, show little to nothing in all areas.

Still Pep Duttsiola will be guaranteed a job.

Didn’t bother with the Colchester game, I watched the Salford game because I’ve already paid for it with the ST, I won’t be watching us against Scunthorpe.

Walsall Wood are showing their game in the FA Vase on YouTube, god knows how the quality will be as they’ve said it’ll obviously depend on the internet connection there but it will probably be a better watch and I’ve been really fancying some non league football this week so was glad to see I’ll be able to watch some. The-Wood.tv if anyone else is interested instead of watching Dutton’s losers limp over the League Two finish line, embarrassing.

2 Likes

Pre-match - Head Coach Brian Dutton looks ahead to Scunthorpe United fixture - YouTube - dutton preview

“It’s a really horrible part of the season this.”

That’s right Brain, and all the other parts of the season have been pure joy. :joy:

11 Likes

He must really inspire and motivate all those around him!! Its nowhere near as horrible as it might have been had we been travelling to Scunny needing to win to stay up for starters.

A good manager uses circumstances as a positive. For example with this…gives some fringe/young players an opportunity, likewise anyone that wants a new contract, enables players to play with freedom, put themselves in the shop window etc etc. Basically anyone that doesn’t fit into those categories shouldn’t even be on the bus.

Ron Howells played for both of us.

But…he was a VERY naughty boy.

So keep it to yourself.

1 Like

Yes, he did his dirty deeds elsewhere but it was us that suffered the loss of a player. Maybe some of the current lot have been involved in match fixing… :wink:

Agree with Geordie on the approach. I am not sure how many fringe players we have but please let everybody play to enjoy themselves. Scunny won’t be too bothered.

And yes, they are the only League team with the word…“thorpe” in their name.

Happy St George’s day :+1:t2:

2 Likes

With the teams Southend have to play I can’t see either of us having to worry.

The way he pops out stats is unreal what a memory. 6 unbeaten, one defeat in 8, 4 clean sheets. I think we should be getting him tied down to a contract now as any club with a vacancy must be circling around the stadium ready to snatch him from us.

Might do that instead myself mate.

The back of the stand at Oak Park played a pivotal role in my sex education (literally pivotal on most occasions), so with that in mind I might invest in a two litre bottle of Lambrini, drop out and tune in. :star_struck:

5 Likes

Yeah, there’s that and the fact it’s mathematically impossible for Southend to catch Walsall

I just wish our strikers were as good in the box as you obviously are!

3 Likes

It’s still mathematically possible for Grimsby to catch us.

1 Like

Don’t lump on anything today boys. I ain’t feeling it.

I’m feeling absolutely nothing other than apathy.
If we are lucky we might scramble a 0-0 draw, Scunny are after all almost as bad as us.
I’m off to attend some paint that needs my attention whilst it’s drying, a far more exciting prospect.

1 Like

First game of season I’m missing, the seasons over for me.

Save your cash :blush:

1 Like

Christ, I’ve just watched BD’s pre match…

“For the first time in my tenure we have lost the game by one goal”

Whoop de ■■■■■■■ do.

2 Likes