Scunthorpe United (H) Tuesday December 29th, 7pm

I seem to recall a young Ronaldo at Utd appearing to over do the stepovers until he realised (or Ferguson realised for him) that substance over style was far more important.
Wes just needs to change it up a little or he becomes too predictable. Sometimes just move it on quicky to a team mate or try a little drop of the shoulder and drive to the byline. He doesn’t always need to beat his man, just a yard and get the cross in. Then he’ll make his marker/s have to think.

2 Likes

He definitely needs to learn another trick or 2,just so he’s not so predictable.

2 Likes

Agree listen I think he’s great definitely one of our better players and I was over the moon when we got his signature he’s just seems to be more miss that hit recently that’s all.I know players don’t give 9 out of 10 every week but I’m sure many on here would agree that a little more from him wouldn’t go a miss.

1 Like

Sub zero temperatures, Tuesday night, Scunthorpe. These are the games we miss.

M6 blocked by rush hour traffic on the way down, a junction closed and a diversion that seems to pass through Wales on the way back. A three one defeat and the loss of any feeling in the face, hands and feet between those two trips.

Home for midnight and a flick through social media reactions from lots of people who couldn’t make the game but seem to have a strong opinion upon it. From sacking the manager to backing the manager and all the bits in between.

These are the games we miss.

7 Likes

Perhaps because of the relative success he achieved last year, along with the plaudits he received, he is feeling the pressure of repeating those performances. Problem is, if teams weren’t aware of him last year, they are now… hence why he needs to change it up a little. I think it would help him a lot… not to mention a decent threat from the opposite wing.

Looks like it will be great conditions for a footy game. If the game is played, any win will be good. Of course no unnecessary pressure, but any other result will simply spoil New Year’s feelings. A bit.

On the club’s Twitter page, it says the snow has been cleared off the pitch and it’s definitely game on!

1 Like

McDonald is best when he goes to the goal line and crosses the ball instead of trying to beat every defender with his multi step overs, he’s also very good when changing direction to his right and shooting.
He just needs to utilize his strengths.

3 Likes

They’ve had covers on it mate, shouldn’t be any issues.

https://mobile.twitter.com/iron_stats/status/1343973048219807744

We need to score first tonight :smile:

Haven’t read through the thread.

Have we all seen who the ref is ?

Yep Mr Kettle at least we can let some steam off by shouting at the useless ■■■■.

1 Like

Wow that’s some statistics right there :rofl: that’s crazy so basically these fall behind they pretty much give up

Looking good to me:

4 Likes

1-1

The bubble’s burst
The Iron are hot
From this game
Don’t expect a lot.

3 Likes

As ■■■■ as the weather is I wish we were still all going tonight …

Man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day UTS :+1:t2:

1 Like

:+1:
No excuses based on that.
Looking forward to a pleasant evening on ifollow and the pun, sorry match thread :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Will you be watching the game in one of those horrible drinking bars there Belphs … :thinking:

1 Like

Ye looking like a postman :laughing:

3 Likes