Scunthorpe United (H) Tuesday December 29th, 7pm

Then it must self isolate you know the rules

1 Like

Ok I’ll jump from my porch onto the lawn or I could encase my boots with masks and attempt to complete 2 metre jumps until I reach open ground :mask:

1 Like

No chance of playing tonight

No snow forecast this afternoon, it’s surely not deep enough for a postponement?

Really can’t see the game going ahead its coming down heavy at the min

Right then who’s up for going now and shovelling the pitch … I’ll get me coat :wink:

1 Like

It’s going to pass by 1pm then no more falling after that according to satellite info I’ve seen so that’s plenty of time to shovel some snow off a pitch

Would you end up with 2 metre gaps

1 Like

The presence of snow wouldn’t necessarily be the main concern - if the ground under-foot is frozen that would make the match very doubtful. Up to the ref…

No chance of that mate it’s to warm.

They can just bung the snow into the stands so that the pitch side strip is clear as well.

This prat should warm the pitch up Mr Kettle in charge oh the joys

2 Likes

I’m guessing we’ll know pretty early how longs it take from scunny by coach 3 hours?

I went to a game there in the last season at Upton Park and PA guy went “come on you Irons” just before they kicked off.

Think the crowd chanted that aswell when they won a corner.

I assumed it was from the Cockney National Anthem, “Any Old Iron”.

1 Like

Speaking of Iron ever since the club entered the league their nickname has been 'The Iron, a metal which has long played a role in the team’s nomenclature. Before 1950s Scunthorpe United were known as the Knuts. The origin is uncertain but it is generally accepted as being when they won one of the local charity cups.

Speaking of Walsall in the same vain Scooby , when Jeff Bonser got the club in his grubby hands and managed to shall we say manoeuvre the freehold into a pension fund , allegedly … we have been heard to sing on match day , and know as ’ the ■■■■■■ it ups ’

1 Like

We lost our way a little at Salford. Gordon needs to recapture his form as does Osadebe.
No Holden for a while so whoever assumes that role will have to bring their A game.
I hope either Nurse or Jules play tonight as we need to tighten up the defense and press forward.

As long as we try to pass the ball about a bit and not return to the hoofball that reared it’s head again at Salford second half .

Totally agree I want to see the passing style back I also would like some balls in the box instead of step over after step over from Mr McDonald