Season ends now!

I played for my college in a match against a team of teachers in Barrow. They had slightly mixed up the name of my college and they thought they were playing a prison team from Ireland.

The right answer and it should be the answer throughout the game. Top to bottom. Including promotions and relegations. You just promote and demote based upon no play-offs so Leeds and Albion up and just two down from prem.

Then it is done. No ■■■■■■■ about. But more importantly not risking a single life.

I see some Walsall fans suggesting there should be refunds on unused season tickets. Please give your head a great big ■■■■■■■ wobble if you fall into that category.

And finally Jeff - give us a break.

8 Likes

Well I’m a Barrack-room lawyer…and I couldn’t agree more… :wink:

I haven’t seen any posts like that ( I only ever look on here) but I think you might be being a bit harsh. We don’t know the financial circumstances of everybody, maybe they haven’t worked and aren’t furloughed, or are self-employed and earning nowt - that £70 or whatever might be refunded could be vital to them.
I haven’t asked for a refund and have even bought an ST for next year but if people are struggling I wouldn’t criticise them for asking.

Couldn’t agree more about Jeff though, time he did the decent thing. No way is he struggling for pennies, so he should do the decent thing for once.

Barrow is a horrible place, but I would like them to get promoted. Game close to home and a new ground if nothing else.

X6 Kendal to Barrow?
Was hoping to combine with a few days in the Western Lakes but it will probably be a Tuesday night in November without away supporters allowed.

1 Like

Let’s have Barrow in and another, maybe Harrogate, because Stevenage must go down. They have not bought anything to EFL since their promotion except that evil Graham Westley. Can’t wait to see the back of them.

4 Likes

Please, please relegate Stevenage! I will never forgive them for Graham Westley.

Are you sure it wasn’t Royston Vasey ? :laughing:

2 Likes

That’s the one I think. Although its a bit further from Leeds. As SolihullSaddlersays, Harrogate would suit me too, 20 mins on the train from me now.

Why can’t the EFL just make a decision and stick to it. Sick of this messing around trying to keep all clubs happy. It’s impossible.

In a game with an attitude of sickening self interest / preservation as opposed to collective wellbeing they are just going to have to put their foot down. If they are promoting teams, then Stevenage have to go, end of.

Get Barrow in.Only 83 miles from me…it’s closer than my 96 miles from home to Bescot.

I was talking about the 19/20 season I.e the one that this thread is about rather than next season, which I am hopeful will go ahead in some form. I’d seen folk on twitter effectively suggesting the season ticket holders are owed four games.

I get your view on everybody’s personal circumstances but this was a purchase made between March and August 2019. Folk will have brought all manner of things in that time that had they known their circumstances might materially change for the worst in 18 months time might have thought again. Especially as some of those things, like the 2019/20 season ticket might not, with hindsight, have been great purchases.

But to take your point maybe I was harsh. If doing Walsall out of forty quid or feeding my kids was the choice, well as unpalatable as that seems, it wouldn’t be a choice.

Which brings us back to our former chairman who’s family won’t be at risk of hardship for generations and who can definitely afford to give the club a break.

3 Likes

Spoiler, Walsall have declined to comment.

The Baggies refunding has obviously prompted some of our fans to start asking. Bonser really needs to do his bit.

1 Like

I am guessing we wanted to continue either behind closed doors or with only season ticket holders admitted with social distancing in place. Anyway all leagues should be treated the same.What is good enough for Division 2 should apply throughout the pyramid.

1 Like

Think the decision for league 2 to end was unavoidable, but my concern is now the future.

A precedent has potentially been set where L1 and above can continue, but below can’t, and the timings of the seasons are all over the place.

It casts doubts on whether League 2 will ever restart unless there’s a major change in government policy. If there’s not enough money in league 2 to support testing at the level needed, it’s unlikely to see any action this calendar year. Big big concern.

At some point we as a society are going to have to swallow the risk, and the government change course, or our society will be forever damaged.

2 Likes

The likes of Villa and Brighton ■■■■ me off.
Moaning they are disadvantaged playing on neutral grounds. due to having no home fans,
They forget to mention thay don’t have to play in front of the Kop or the Stretford end etc.

1 Like

Solihull were in the play offs weren’t they when play stopped? Tim flowers leaving was a big blow though given the amazing job he’s done.

Didn’t think it was possible but I dislike the Vile even more after this episode. And they wonder why they are universally disliked.