Season Tickets 24/25

I will renew as it’s in the blood despite the eternal optimism being blown apart by continuous mediocrity. Some decent players tied to the club and we need to resist the inevitable bids for Hutch. DJ absolutely MUST come back into the starting line up next season and we should build around current squad with permanent signings and avoid any of the forwards being loans again as it always ends in tears.
There is lots more Trivela need to do on the footballing and match day side the first would be to at least FREEZE the ST prices with a BIG early bird discount needed to encourage most.

2 Likes

Have to say that’s a lovely post :+1:

1 Like

I will renew as it’s more than just about the football.

I’ve made some good friends over the years and the social part of the saturday game is as important, if not more so than the football itself.

I do think we are trying to improve as a club with Trivela at the helm, and I think the more that buy season tickets the more they will invest in the team, why would they spend money on the club if we don’t turn up to back them.

I know it’s a chicken and egg thing but I do believe this to be true.

If you’re on the fence about buying one it makes sense to get in on the early bird deal as it really is the cheapest way , no one is going to want to pay full price are they.

But I understand people were put off with this seasons price hikes, and the club need to realise the cheaper they cost for supporters the more they might sell.

I’ve had some good times following Walsall over the years, but the last how many years there hasn’t been a lot to get excited about has there, and I feel sorry for the younger fans who have only witnessed these bad seasons.

I hope we as supporters back the club in record numbers with season ticket sales again next season, and Trivela pull out all the stops to buy the players we need to progress.

uts

11 Likes

Didn’t renew this season mainly in disgust at the stupidly high price increase for the blue pop lower (which I could comfortably afford but which I felt was breathtakingly insensitive given the state of the economy - felt like suck it up you mugs to me from our new owners). But the lack of ambition that seemed to pervade the club didn’t help and I certainly would have renewed if I’d have known Sadler was the idea of our dream manager.

Been 4 or 5 times this season despite often being offered a free ticket. I’ve not missed it much tbh but as many have said, it’s nice to see friends. I’ve often made the choice to do something else on a Saturday (the debacle yesterday was 3rd choice to me). Despite this I’m thinking about getting a ST next year as I’ll probably become another one of the disappeared if I don’t and I want to give it one (possibly) last chance. It’ll help that I’ll get the oap rate next year but I’m probably willing to give Trivela (and Sadler) the benefit of the doubt.

4 Likes

I bought one this season but now I’m full time in Spain I won’t renew next season. I’ll still renew my ifollow ST though, as although I have access to the games on my fire stick, I would rather know that I’m contributing financially to the club. I’ll plan my trips back to the UK around home games where possible as well.
Going to watch the Saddlers is one of the few things I miss about the UK, along with real ale and the abundance of metal gigs.

11 Likes

Highly doubtful. The club have decided mid season that my 2 year old can’t watch the game from inside the 1888 lounge anymore (no communication they just blocked the area off so that was a nice surprise). She hates it outside so probably try out Tamworth and see if they can accommodate it since I can pretty much see the ground from my house. Probably means my parents will join me if it happens. I would say it’s a shame but probably does me a favour, it’s slowly become less and less enjoyable over the years.

4 Likes

I know a few season ticket holders of many many years who ended up staying in the pub on Saturday they are that fed up of it and these are hardcore home and away supporters who feel like this.

I think its a no to a renewal. Watching us play shite for 40% of a year 8 years in a row has taken its toll. So want to spend the weekends with my young kids instead.

Ill defo get involved with the super 6 though, if they keep it going.

I will renew as it’s in the blood and I feel a real connection with my late Dad when I am at the game. Also my two boys come with me. My eldest especially loves it and drags me to a fair few away games as well. It’s a nice thing for us to do and my Dad would love that we are going.
Not alot about the football side that keeps me going though sad to say. The only football related motivation is the sense of joy when we win and that I just know that if (not when now sadly) we get a promotion or a playoff final that it will taste so much sweeter having endured this era.

5 Likes

For the last few years, I’ve been saying i won’t get one.
When COVID happened, i kept my money in but intended for that to be the last time.

My now wife loved watching the games at home during that time and she has convinced me to renew since then.

If it wasnt for the fact she is so new to the game and is enthusiastic about it still (not having the years of crap weve all had!) I probably wouldnt bother renewing but i know I will as its become our routine.

2 Likes

I have finally accepted that I won’t next season. After around 20 years of having one, and going regularly before that, I gave mine away late 2023 and have to confess to not missing it at all.

If I’m honest, the desire to go went a couple of seasons ago, but you try and convince yourself to continue and be that die hard supporter you think you should be.

I’ve seen ups and downs over the years as a fan but the last few have been awful. I can’t remember the last player I had any real affinity to, maybe Ozzy, as it becomes a constant turnover of poor players, poor managers and poor entertainment on the field. In a weird way it doesn’t feel like the team I supported years ago.

The last real hope of me continuing was my ten year old lad, who I also have a ST for. After a handful of games he’s not interested in football (prefers cricket, rugby and taekwondo) and so there’s not even that to pull me back.

I think you know when you’re done. I miss very little of the day and enjoy spending more time with family, something that is important to me with my lad. Probably also comes with age where you tolerate things you can’t be bothered with less, and have a lot more important or enjoyable things to do.

The one thing I do feel bad about is not meeting up with the group I sat by as we had some laughs, but it’s not enough anymore.

What I would say though is if you’re torn, carry on getting one. If there’s a part of you that still loves it or can’t bare not going then definitely carry on. I would love to still have that in me tbh as it’s brilliant.

15 Likes

will probably renew but the away’s I’ve reduced considerably. 21/22 season I did 40/46 games and similar in 22/23 but this year I don’t see the point. Money, fuel/tickets all to watch mediocre football and then to top it off the awful journey back when we inevitably lose. Better things to spent money on and most importantly, better things to spend time on.

4 Likes

Shrewsbury have announced a price freeze for next season

Understandable given their precarious position.

Imagine if the club announce another price increase :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

£115 increase across the board.
Locker will still be free though!

In comparison our early bird last year was £95 cheaper for the equivalent offer they have this year.

Note: The price freeze is only available for adults and is only for 7 days and only eligible fot those paying via Direct debit which incours an interest rate.

1 Like

With costs stabilising and with the commercial activities returning to normality Trivela should freeze prices in the early bird.
It will be a tough sell as it is as I can see our form on the pitch being any more consistent.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprised if they went up slighty again this year

Extra £20 i reckon

They need to think carefully here they are on the verge of losing a lot of fans if they increase them again.

2 Likes