Sheffield Wednesday (H) EFL Cup, Saturday Sep 5th, 2.15pm

My thoughts entirely, of course we will lose, but the after match reports will be oh so familiar “Walsall looked strong at times, but could not find that finishing touch, whilst our defensive frailties let us down”
We should have used friendlies for match practice, not giving no-hope trialists a chance to prove how useless they were!

Championship home teams get £100,000 off sky with the away team only receiving £10,000. I don’t know how that decreases further down the pyramid.

Championship clubs are awarded £100,000 for every home game broadcast on Sky, while they are given a £10,000 bonus for away clashes on the box.

Any pubs showing this?

I’d imagine most with Sky Sports would

Reason to smile after the game. I’d say tasty away draw for the next round, but there is pandemic, so it doesn’t matter much.

Derby and Barrow take the knee. Will be interesting to see if we’ll do the same.

If anyone needs a stream, this site is great. Just get rid of the ads and press play

1 Like

I bloody well hope not.
If Guthrie is starting, he won’t be able to get back up.

1 Like

Starting line-up:

Roberts; Norman, Clarke, Scarr, Jules; Kinsella, Bates; Gordon, Holden, McDonald; Lavery

Substitutes: Rose; Nurse, Sadler, Cockerill-Mollett; Willis, Nolan; Adebayo

The first competitive game of the season and no debutants in the starting 11 (and only one on the bench). Has this ever happened before?

IIRC, in the first game of Nicholl’s final season (vs Rotherham, 96/97?) we hadn’t actually signed anyone during the break, so the matchday 14 were all familiar from the previous year.

1 Like

So Guthrie and Sinclair already on the treatment table?

Just thinking that about Guthrie what a waste of a wage !

Tbf I thought we played really well in that game, didn’t deserve to lose let alone 0-3

1 Like

Could be saving them for midweek game or could be injured. Which option would you put your money on😀

Ooh I say, good shout, I was thinking of 79-80, but you’ve beaten me by a whole 17 years.

Guthrie has only played the odd half in pre season and missed the last 2 pre season outings !

1 Like

Also looks like Holden is right wing :roll_eyes:

Think it will be gordon on right

I’d guess he’ll be sitting behind a front 3 with Gordon starting on the right hand side.

Sky giving the usual clueless preview - new manager, new team, playing at the Banks Stadium.

2 Likes