Sheffield Wednesday (H) EFL Cup, Saturday Sep 5th, 2.15pm

Too many pomme frites, chocolates, and beers I think … a tasty combination but @chunkster you have to realise that you have to get a grip on this.

1 Like

So i have just arrived in Belgium and i can now watch the game on there, bloody expensive way to do it, i should have just paid for the sky day ticket, but the chips and waffles are nice here :smile:

http://livetv.sx/enx/eventinfo/969190_walsall_sheffield_wednesday/

1 Like

How much is it compared to watching for £10 on iFollow (if they were doing it) in the UK? When I was in Canada (whilst in a hospital bed in Telford in January), worked out at about £6 for me - and the VPN for free!

You have to get the mussels @chunkster - brilliant in Brussells.

1 Like

The same price

Is it straight to penalties or extra-time if it is a draw? Was thinking about inviting some friends round to our garden late afternoon but doubt whether they would want to watch with me on my laptop if it’s not settled in 90 minutes!

The Stoke-Blackpool game last Saturday ended 0-0 after 90 mins then went straight to penalties.

Thanks. The particular friends pretend to be interested when I talk about Walsall but I don’t want to push my luck!

extract from the rules of the carabau cup:

14.4 In the event of the scores being level at the end of ninety minutes’ play in Rounds One, Two, Three, Four and Five no extra time shall be played, and the winners shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with procedures as approved by IFAB.

14.5 If the score is level at the end of ninety minutes in the Semi-Final and Final Tie an extra half hour shall be played and if the score be still level at the end of extra time the winners of the Competition shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with procedures as approved by IFAB.

I really fancy us! 2-0.

Its been so hard getting excited about anything recently, lets hope Walsall FC, not for the first time, come to the rescue :slight_smile:

Still struggling to look forward to a game where there are no fans but maybe by 4 o’clock I will have changed my mind.

A better than average fourth division team against an average second division team in what are effectively neutral surroundings should see us lose 0-3. You just hope that their travails and our relative calm with few good additions means that it is more like two third division sides battling it out.

I might go on a hundred mile drive and then eat a cold but partly scorching pie just to get me in the mood.

1 Like

Didn’t we sign a couple of players to much fanfare and expectation (including Marcelo?) before playing Sheff Weds in the championship years ago and lose 3-0 at home? Or have I completely made that up!

Signed 3 from Birmingham. O’Connor, Holdsworth and Marcelo as you said. And yes we got tanked 3-0. We did improve a bit after that though.

Cant see nothing but a loss today but thats only because ours players haven’t played imfor 90minutes in 1 preseason friendly and Sheffield wed only stopp playing a month ago

thanks, yes I remember it feeling like it being a massive turning point and then immense disappointment followed…!

Hope I’m wrong but I’m can only see comfortable win for Sheffield Wednesday mainly due to the lack of match action for us over the last 6 months or so.

Tv money and a competitive match will be vital for us, just hope we can put in a decent performance.

Nice to have a bit of old normality…thanks for restoring it Mr Welsh

How much do we get?

Not sure i know the fa Cup live game is 75k per team, I’d have thought about half of that maybe.

Nope i was there, it is the game where Colin lee threatened to kick my mate’s fat arse around the car park :rofl:
goals from

Efan Ekoku 32 G
Shefki Kuqi 79 G
Gerald Sibon 90 G
2 Likes