Show of support

I got told recently by a Port Vale season ticket holder the extent of what Darrell Clarke has been through. It took my breath away. This is not a time for disgusting chants towards him. Yes I want to put one over Port Vale on the pitch, but I will not be attending the game to shout verbal abuse at Darrell Clarke.

3 Likes

Are you that pig headed that you have too put it such a way that anyone who dares not conform too the snowflake way is wrong?

Please make sure that you give this much attention and care too people all over who suffer such a loss,

There is showing respect then there is going OTT… Rubbish digging

The over wheelimng feeling is that everyone thinks our fans have no respect and will just take the p@ss, there will a few there always will be and they deserve a slap, but like i said hes just another person too suffer this horrible thing in life, we all feel for him and his loved ones and send all our best but after that hes just another away manager and shall get the usual banter any manager would get…Like it or not this is how the world is and you cant hide away from it and tip toe about,

Darryl whats the score Darryl Darryl whats the score…

Oh sorry am i being rude …

It was myself after reading ISSA statement that asked Olly if it would be ok to leave a card or two on the table at the railway on Saturday for fans to leave a message of support if they wish, no one is saying you have too, ignore it if that’s what you want to do.
I wasn’t a fan of his, far from it but just want to let him know that like any other person that’s had to deal with that type of grief that some of us would like to offer our condolences, as I said those that don’t want to haven’t got to, I’m not sure why people are debating if it’s the right or wrong thing to do, like I said walk past the card and don’t sign if you don’t want too.

2 Likes

Because ISSA supposedly represent the fans, and a gesture from them will be seen as a gesture from all Walsall fans so naturally everyone will have a different opinion on what is the right thing to do. And just like you are saying those that don’t want to don’t have to, those that don’t want to aren’t saying you shouldn’t.

1 Like

I think it patently clear that nobody can ever claim to represent all Walsall fans. We couldn’t agree on the colour of grass let alone mobilise unilaterally around more nuanced issues.

On Clarke - he deserves sympathy. If you don’t agree with any outward signs of that sympathy then stay silent - that’s OK and quite easy to do.

If you think circumstance and perspective haven’t changed since the away game when he got pelters and you think the same tone, language and content is still appropriate then please think again.

16 Likes

Well, yeah. That doesn’t change what ISSA claim to represent and the message a gesture will send.

And on Clarke, literally already said:

and haven’t seen anyone claim otherwise.

I reckon we should have a points system:

5 points if you don’t join in any chanting

10 if you sign the card

15 if you applaud

20 if you post a supportive message on Social Media

and a full 25 if you actually muster tears!

That way we will know exactly who is the most sympathetic

2 Likes

What a wanker

Bloody good point :+1:t2:

I don’t want to go to the game tomorrow and hear disgustingly vile chants aimed at DC regardless of his loss. There is no need for it and frankly makes us look stupid. Let’s all show some respect to a fellow human being. There’s enough nastiness in this world.

12 Likes

Yeah true. I too hate it when football fans say nasty things. Maybe we can get a Kumbaya chant going, or Give Peace a Chance? Anyone got a tambourine?

2 Likes

I’m sure Cats can stick up for herself, but I think she’s referring to the obscene, baseless chants that we all heard at Vale Park.
I’m all for a bit of spite and distain towards the opposition but I draw the line at inane, obscene and let’s face it, illegal chanting, as I think you yourself pointed out eloquently in an earlier post.

4 Likes

I’d pump the breaks a tad there. Paul McCartney isn’t literally a Walrus. The roof wasn’t actually on fire in the nightclub. Liam Gallaghers girlfriend wasn’t actually electric. I’m sure you know this, but we’re not actually the greatest team the world has ever seen. And I don’t know any girl that has ever actually worn a yellow ribbon. Let’s not get silly.

I do agree that I don’t get those chants, but to be honest the best supported chants and the loudest and longest were Darrells at the Wheel and enquiring what the score was. And when those other chants where going on I just rolled my eyes a tad. Much like I will when the clap starts Saturday.

2 Likes

You wont, tomorrow is Friday. :grinning:

2 Likes

Site never fails too amaze me…

We can’t even take our own bottles of pop into the ground, nevermind a tambourine :smile:

1 Like

I was just thinking what the most obscene chants were in the 80’s 90’s? we were certainly no angels when it came to making the opposition feel uncomfortable.
But i don’t think any of the DC chants now would ever have been thought of then?

1 Like

Not sure why some people think requesting a small minority stop singing some horrible chants about a manager who left 15 months ago, is somehow either attempting to stifle free speech, or asking them to take up the choir?!

Stuff like the what a W****r is part and parcel of the game, obscene stuff about dogs and kids is not!!

7 Likes

I know, I realised after I posted it but haven’t changed it. It seems like Friday today, to me and replied to the wrong person too.

1 Like

Not sure where you’ve read a single person endorsing those chants.

The posh spice chant was just as bad I felt sorry for her having to sit next to Beckham with the away fans singing that about her.