Show of support

We’re not going to know what he wants. IMO the club should have led the way here with a simple low key statement as a very sensitive situation is approaching and a repeat of the away game would be what nobody wants, you could imagine the reaction if it did. This statement has brought the issue to the fans and you’d hope if anyone starts they will get a stern word to stop. He’s not any other manager, he was our manager and a nod of respect to acknowledge our sympathies to the situation I don’t think is too much.

1 Like

I didn’t say he was “any other manager.”

sorry i was responding to another post above you regarding the “any other manager” I should have made clear

1 Like

Of course you’re using it as a stick to beat fans with because not everybody agrees with you. Sanctimony Saturday is going to be f***ing tiresome.

And as an aside, I did read that interview. The only person I felt for was the nurse he bragged about telling to tell his Dad to go f*** himself. Classy that, treating a third party doing as a patient asked like that.

2 Likes

I’ve decided that I know what’s going on in Darrell Clarke’s head, so I feel that I should or shouldn’t have to behave in a certain way.

2 Likes

You’d have to be a top grade scum bag to give him a hard time.

3 Likes

I won’t be giving him a hard time, I tend not to hold grudges and I was quite happy when he left.

If fans are having a hard time showing a modicum of support then just ignore him and forget he is there

3 Likes

Its got nothing to do with any one of us. Just go to the match and support your team, end of!

1 Like

Just send him a condolence card, address it to Mr D Clarke, Vale park, let him know that you’re a Walsall fan and tell him how sorry you are for his loss. No need for a special round of applause which I don’t think would work anyway. I don’t hate or dislike Darrell but on the other hand I don’t think he needs (or wants) any special attention.

4 Likes

Think we just need to concentrate on getting behind our team . No special applause or photos on the score board .
Sad as it is this is a highlight of a poor season. Let’s derail fails promotion push by supporting our team.

3 Likes

I don’t think anybody here is suggesting that though. It’s the race to appear like people care I have no time for. Reminds me of when everyone pretended they loved meatloaf for a week, or people who’ve never even mentioned foo fighters are posting instagram or Twitter messages after one of them dies, as if they know that person. It’s all fake and it’s all a race to look like they care the most.

Reminds me of when her off Love Island killed herself, I remember watching her family interviewed after and they asked him about all the messages and the kind things being said and he basically responded that while he appreciated them they don’t really make a difference to him now because whats done is done, and they were mostly the people who were badgering her when she was alive. Maybe Clarke doesn’t want a card from a bunch of blokes who were laughing it up at his expense a few months ago, or were shooting daggers at him while he was here, I don’t know. And more to the point, neither does anyone else.

5 Likes

At this point I’d settle for the more retarded section of our support laying off the paedo and dog f&!$er chants.

2 Likes

Some of our fans really are special :frowning:

1 Like

Not the best choice of language from someone trying to take the moral high ground :flushed:

1 Like

Yeah, I mean to be fair I don’t like those chants either

Not because I find them offensive, it’s one of the least funny jokes I’ve ever heard. Just imagine for a second explaining it to somebody

“What happened with Darrell Clarke and dogs then?”

“Nothing”

“Oh, so why are we singing that then?”

“… funny innit”

It’s about as funny as somebody who types in their accent or people who start every social media post with the word “when”.

2 Likes

Insert the politically correct word of your choosing. The sentiment remains.

i feel sorry for Ronaldo its heart breaking but thats it, its a cruel world but that dont mean we have too go OTT and send him cards and love letters. Sorry but this is life we all suffer these things, hes just another person who has dealt with life in a bad way

1 Like

Hope they sent there own card and flowers

And this,People who dont conform must be retards and or idiots…

Great use of a word that is just as wrong as calling someone a dog whatever

No need and pointless,

4 Likes