Shrewsbury Game

In the dog tomorrow :joy:

Hopefully they make it to the second phase of sales - otherwise what stand in the Shrewsbury end are people getting tickets for as I’ll be joining :joy:

I’m probably not going to be able to get a ticket. I didn’t have a season ticket this time for personal reasons, coupled with the fact I live 80 miles away. Nonetheless, I’ve been to every home game this season apart from the Tuesday night ones and several away games including Gillingham. Yet someone who merely owns a season ticket who might have in theory only used it a handful of times is guaranteed a ticket.

Agree, points system needed. Like everything else at the club, this system of ticketing is a mess. They could even use a points/loyalty scheme for offers and incentives to reward those who actually go. But of course, that would require some foresight and thinking outside the box, and there’s little danger of any of that at the Bescot.

2 Likes

In respect of Season Ticket holders I’m not sure there can be a fairer way to be honest. Those of us who fork out every March without even knowing which division we will be in but certainly knowing that there will be countless offers that erode the ST value need some kind of recognition. And on the very rare occasion where demand exceeds supply, it feels like we get that recognition for what it is worth.

The bit that maybe feels a bit unfair is where youngsters get a free ST and so may be very rare attendees get ahead of folk who go to loads of games. There are parents who know their kids might only get to half a dozen games but get them the free ST which is absolutely fine for home league games where there’s loads of availability. But when it comes to a fair space in the queue I’m not sure. If the youngster has been to say 15 Home games plus then no problem, it’s not the freeness of their ST that might be the issue it is if they’ve been to 3 games, ain’t really that bothered by it all and yet mum or dad get them a ticket for Salop. Only way round this would be to get a card stamped every time they attend and introducing an attendance criteria.

Further down the prioritisation list there is definitely something about proving your Away credentials.

6 Likes

On the broader point of going in the home end I think folk need to be careful about what they post on social media.

It is undoubtedly contrary to some by-laws to get a ticket in the “wrong end” at football.

I’m not sure where the law stands on neutral fans, but if I happened to be a neutral fan I would probably wish to avoid the very partisan West Stand in favour of the more sedate East (Roland Wycherly ) Stand then make a choice as to whether I sat nearer the Home fans in the south (Salop Leisure) stand or the away fans in the north (DM recruitment) stand.

If it comes down to this games I’d be very surprised but if both sides have something resting on it, it should be a belter for Home, Away and indeed those neutral supporters.

I doubt there is a single club in the league who doesn’t give ticket priority to season ticket holders.
As for those who only attend away league games, remember that the club doesn’t get any share of the gate money from them. (other than a 5% commission from away ticket sales made by through the club)

I thought that you still had to pay for a yoof ST but you get money back for every game you go to, so that it only works out free if you go to all 23 home games (less so if you miss some)? That’s how they did it the first season they did it, and I’ve certainly seen coins being passed back to youngsters this season so assumed that’s what they are still doing. Or have I missed something?

1 Like

The east stand near the away fans would be the preferable choice for any “neutral” supporters, imagine there’ll be quite a few too that the stewards would find difficult removing should they all celebrate an away goal

1 Like

God, if there is something riding on this - which I expect there to be - it will not be an enjoyable day at all.

Sick thinking about it.

1 Like

There are two tiers.

If you have a junior ST or are in the Saddlers Crew (over 12) you pay £69 and get £3 back every home game.

But if you are in Swifty’s Squad (u 12) then it is free.

It is the latter group where I think the loophole might lie, especially as it is free to under 12’s at Shrewsbury.

I’ve nowt against the free kids thing at all. In fact I think it is marvellous. But in this set of circumstances I think you have to ask whether it is fair.

You’re right mtt. It is a a very emotive sport. I’ve often sat down to watch a match on the telly say during the World Cup and started watching as a neutral but then something happens or there is something about a player or players on one team or their supporters or even the kit that makes you start leaning one way or the other.

Before you know it you’re punching the air when your newly adopted team score.

Having given my ST up in protest at the leech, I’m going to miss out.

Pains me to say it, but the club are correct to prioritise ST holders. I made my choice

1 Like

I agree season ticket holders should have priority regarding ticket allocation, I don’t have one and wouldn’t given the way the club is managed. How do you get a ticket in a home section at Shrewsbury? Surely they will ask for an address/postcode?

Season ticket holders :100: should have first dabs at tickets.

However I will say, if you genuinely want to be at the game you can find a way.

3 Likes

Shrewsbury’s ticket system is the same as ours.

I reckon any neutrals wanting tickets could phone up now and get one. I suspect though that as soon as the away end sells out, much like the system in operation at the Bescot, that it will become all ticket for all parts with credentials required to prove that you’re not an away supporter.

1 Like

I remember trolling the internet for Burton postcodes to get my tickets, in the end a Coventry fan from Burton got me some :joy::joy:

424 tickets sold according to the club’s twitter account.
That leaves 1,176 for the rest of ya :wink:

1 Like

Absolutely correct, when in a bar in Krakow recently I was watching Poland’s away match, and celebrated joyously when Poland scored…so rare to have such an option when watching our lot this year!

1 Like

If you can get your hands to look like this you’ll pass as a Sloppy without problem.

3 Likes

Not too difficult for some of us.:wink: I’ve gone for block1. It’s the nearest to the away end in the main stand. I think that’s the east stand someone else mentioned.

1 Like