Shrewsbury Game

Get me one ? I’ll ping u the cash lol

No issue with how they are prioritising the ticket sales, think it’s the fairest way.

I don’t have a season ticket and usually buy tickets on behalf of others, but because of this I am the only one with a booking history. So whilst i can get a ticket the others have to miss out because they are not on the system., even though they have been to home and away games!

Normally the club are alright with showing stubs but can’t see it reaching that phase of sales anyway tbh

900 left now so hardly flying iff the shelves…! may make the next stage of sales at least

Still another week and half of STs only - including a home game next Saturday. How many ST holders are there to start with?

BTW Got my Sloppy ticket early on Monday morning so I’m happy! :partying_face:

Mine arrived in the post this morning! :star_struck:

Very good question - I’d guess around 2500ish?

I can’t see all 1,600 being sold before they reach general sale tbh.

3 Likes

I agree that they will make it to general sale. But only just. I’m talking 150-200 tickets which will in no way meet demand.

We will have played a couple more games by then which will give a clearer picture of how it is all shaping up. Think we shifted 2,000 for what turned out to be a dead rubber at Fleetwood last year. So if this game has it all still up for grabs I think plenty will try to find ways by hook or by crook.

6 Likes

Which is a worry with people drinking all afternoon , who ever decided 5.30 pm kick off didn’t think this through very well imo

I pretty sure it has to be a standardised kick off time across all the games on the final day. I agree though, could be an interesting afternoon…

1 Like

I was referring to all the games actually not just ours :+1:

1 Like

Yeah it’s a bit of a weird one - I think and this might be wrong - that they choose 5:30 or 12 noon (as I’m sure the Vale game was in 15/16) because it’s outside of the Saturday 3pm TV blackout. That way Sky can pick and choose the most important game.

League 1 final day used to be just regular 3pm until a few years back and now they’ve staggered all three leagues across the weekend.

Championship is always Sunday lunchtime finish and seems league one is now Saturday evening finale.

I would say there’s been plenty of midweek Shrews-Walsall games in recent times, the league game in 15/16 was a Tuesday night as was an FA cup as was an FA cup replay the year before.

Of course circumstances are a bit different with all day drinking potential and one of the sides likely to be relegated.

People drinking before the games?

Why can’t people just turn up for kick off and enjoy the game?

Have a half time coffee if you need refreshment.

I don’t understand this marrying of football and alcohol consumption.

1 Like

If there’s anything riding on that game a coffee isn’t going to cut it for me

4 Likes

Because it’s fun.

Is that a whoosh?

2 Likes

a whopper…

Opps didn’t realise it was a joke. Sorry!