Simkin Signs

Welcome Tommy.

I love the first line from his interview - It’s class. I’m a local lad…’

Should endear himself to the fan being from Walsall and understanding (hopefully) what the club is about.

2 Likes

Like some other posters, I wasn’t aware of him until he was mentioned on here.
Two good things: he’s a local lad with excellent credentials. 2, continuing our good relationship with Stoke.
Welcome Tommy.

3 Likes

Seems genuinely delighted to be here and a really likeable lad too:

2 Likes

Seeing that he’s a local lad are we justified in singing “ He’s one of our own, he’s one of our own, Tommy Simkin, he’s one of our own”

3 Likes

Big welcome young man

I feel it can be a good loan. Good luck and many good games :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or possibly
He’s only on loan
He’s only on loan
But Tommy Simkin
Is one of our own
:smiley:

18 Likes

Very happy with this, now go and get Louie Moulden as our own to push him then when he goes back he’s there ready and waiting and I’d say that the GK department is stronger than last seasons

1 Like

If your good enough your old enough, good luck Tommy.

Big Villa fan I believe but yes, he should know plenty about the club being Walsall born and bred.

Forgive my ignorance - I see a lot of posts saying this is a brilliant signing.

Genuinely - why? Has anyone seen him play? Has he been on loan somewhere else and done well?

I’m very happy if it is a good one - just don’t know anything about him.

3 Likes
  • According to quotes on the Stoke website he’s poised for a huge future in the game and they rate him very, very highly.
  • Again according to the Stoke site we’ve moved heaven and earth to make this move happen so we think an awful lot of him and he was our number one choice
  • Very much fits the profile of Rushworth who for me had been out best goalkeeper since we’ve been in L2.
  • Walsall born and bred, can only be a positive
  • Seems absolutely buzzing to be here
  • England Elite League Player
  • Ricky Martin gave him his endorsement
  • Good with the ball
  • Brave
  • Handsome
  • Upgrade on the two keepers from last season
2 Likes

Ok so evidence then :joy:

1 Like

England U20 International, must be good enough to play for them.

These are the only highlights I could find on him…

1 Like

Was on loan at the Mighty Moors

There we go :clap:t2::+1:t2:

The comparisons between Rushworth and Simkin are credible. Rushworth had experience with Worthing prior to joining us, about 20 games. Simkin has had experience at a higher level with Solihull Moors, about 20 games. Highly rated by Stoke who see him as one for the future needing more football league experience before making the step up. We have done well with GK loans in the past. Hope this is another. Good luck to the lad.

9 Likes

Wallington, Parkes, Kearns, Walker, Ruddy, Johnstone, Darlow, Etheridge, Rushworth, Simkin…

That’s an impressive list of goalkeepers who have worn the Walsall jersey…

I honestly believe that Rushworth has every chance of being a regular England goalkeeper before very long.

Good comments on the Stoke site.

1 Like