Sloppies (A), Aug 21st, Midday (Friendly)

Given recent debacles surely we can get hold of a Trialist A* to turn out for us.

2 Likes

Only if a teacher gives him marks for his play :grinning:

1 Like

Kins goal is on the website great work from Campbell down the left good lay off from lavs and a good finish from kins.Well worked goal and a win that should breed a bit of confidence in the camp.

2 Likes

I believe that unfounded statements are taboo on here these days :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Friendly or not its always nice to beat them.

Win is a win. Especially a 1-0. Seen us have a few promotions built around 1-0 wins, notably 98/99. Lack of goals so far may be the concern, but if you are solid at the back, you don’t have to score as many obviously.

3 Likes

Lack of goals is always a concern, but conceding loads in pre season always rings the alarm bells.

We arent going to be pretty again this year, but i expect us to be harder to beat. Which takes you to about 10th in this league on its own.

For a crack at the play offs, you really just need to stay in touch. We saw in the season just gone, if you have a decent run of form, it pushes you up there in no time. We would have been a little short, as we were looking more like getting relegated in November. Winning the play offs is another matter, but you can’t really worry about that, just get there and who knows. If you are the team that comes in to them in form, it can give you an advantage over those that just missed promotion.

3 Likes

We need to concentrate on our home form, i think that is what let us down at the start of last season, get that right and if we start to get a few results away from home we will be in with a shout.

2 Likes

Nope. Beating the sloppies is always important. You need to reconfirm your status as a proper fan, regardless of how many times you’ve attended a game at Bescot.

1 Like