Smith Interview

You and I have had this discussion many a time. Not only did Colin Lee benefit from signings like O’Connor, he also had a fit Matt Carbon.

Sir Ray would have kept us up - we were never going to win that day at Albion given what had happened night before.

2 Likes

It would be a “no brainer”.

Deano for England!!! We got any form of a clause?? :rofl::rofl: Southgate out!!!

Fair play to Deano… he has done well for himself, he does have us to thank for perseverance. He would not be in the position now if it wasn’t for Walsall Football Club.

(Unless he would of gone to Accrington and took them to the prem!) :joy:

He’s drifted out slightly, I asked for a price a few months back and got 5/1. Didn’t put anything on it.

Hate the leech but had bonser pulled the trigger after that 15 match winless run he may not even have had another crack at management. And now he could Possibly be the next England manager how bizarre is that .

I’d replace John Terry with Brian Dutton and make it a Saddlers Full House.

1 Like

World Cup… ■■■■ that.

■■■■■ him, leaving us when we would have walked promotion.

:grin:

1 Like

Disagree mate. He gave us a lot of time. If you see what he had to put up with, with Bonzo, id have walked too.

I always look out for his results. Hope he does well.

Always used to see Matt Carbon’s car in the players carpark (personalised plates)…had marijuana leaf shaped air freshners everywhere…always struck me as odd :flushed:

1 Like

It was said tongue in cheek.

While I do wish he’d finished the job here I wish him well really.

That touch and through ball from O’Kelly for the 4th goal : :heart:

That short video encapsulates how that team played. Midfielders getting beyond the strikers. Full backs overlapping crosses into the box, not afraid to have a shot. On their day that team was a match for anyone, and they were obviously, the way they completely dismantled Arsenal and taking Liverpool the best team in Europe all the way. Rees had chances against Liverpool at Fellows Park, similar to the ones he buried so easily v Rotherham. The pressure of the occasion must have got to him. If one of those had gone in could easily have been a different outcome.

Good luck to Dean Smith, the fact he is even being talked about for England shows what a great manager he has become. Not forgetting Richard O’Kelly who has been with him most of the way through his journey.

2 Likes

Sorry Bud, i missed that. In my defence its still early… not had a coffee yet

What happened the night before?

It took Deano a while to blossom, but just like his team, blossom he did.
A couple of friends of mine support the Villa and asked me what I thought of Deano being appointed as their manager. I told them as long as the board gives him some time (a few years not months) he will build a squad that will put smiles on your faces. They are smiling now.
Dean’s not just a good manager, he has a great understanding of man-management, those skills and his humility have carried him through the divisions to a top ten side in the Premiership.
I have a lot of time for that man and wish him every success.

4 Likes

Jeff Astle died, announced late in the evening.