Southampton u-21 (H) EFL Trophy, Tue 1st Oct, 7pm

Starting line-up against Southampton u-21…

Roberts

Norman
Scarr
Sadler
Jules
Cockerill-Mollett

Liddle
Bates
Kinsella

Gordon
Gaffney

Substitutes: Adebayo, Roberts, Hardy, Kiersey, Leak, McDonald, Rogerson

If facey can’t even get into the squad of 18 for this game then I’m guessing we aren’t ever going to see him. Very bizarre signing given he has a bit of pedigree (man city, heereveen) and we haven’t shone at right back at times this season so not sure what has gone on there .

Thought I read somewhere he is injured.

He is injured…no news on when he will be back. DC’s policy in action

Kory got a warm reception as he’s warming up on the touchline.

Not often that you see a goal set up by the trickery of one centre half in the box for another who is furthest forward to tap in.

The rate our defence is outscoring our attack genuinely alarms me.

It wouldn’t bother me if they carried on scoring for the rest of the season if it meant us getting promoted :wink:

1 Like

Didn’t LP say we needed our CHs to chip in with more goals this season and not just rely on the forwards?

Southampton yellow card, 80 min

The tension’s just too much for me. How do you stay so calm?

1 Like

Theres a difference between chipping in and doing their job for them.

1 Like

2nd yellow card for Southampton, 88 min

Full time, and a 1-0 win puts us top of the the group table (WOW) :roll_eyes:

Attendance 732 :astonished:

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. Didn’t realise that!

1 Like

Winning breeds confidence no matter who the opponents/competition.

2 Likes

Clean sheet, another win, game time for squad players and a return to the pitch for kory Roberts.

Onto to Saturday, who can stop this steam train, BEEP BEEP !!!

3 Likes

Pleased to see Kory back…it may only be 2 minutes but journeys have start somewhere.

That’s £35,000 we’ve made from this competition so far this season in entry and prize money.

The equivalent of around 2,000 full paying punters for a league game. Or a half decent player’s wages in the January window.

And that’s the rub with this competition. Oddly, more lucrative than the League Cup but with the deserved reputation as a fop to the Premier League dollar and the thin end of a League Three wedge.

7 Likes

Maybe we should donate any winnings to a local charity? (I won’t hold my breath)

A win means a win (Theresa Maynot) :smiley: Can someone explain the table for me? according to my phone we have won 1 and lost one and have 4 points. Are there bonuses for clean sheets?:roll_eyes: