Southend United (A) - Tue 23rd March, 7pm

And the opposing goalkeepers could take a deckchair and a good book out with them!

The worst thing about all these poor results and performances is i don’t think we have hit rock bottom yet.

Just three more sleeps 'til Saturday :joy:

4 Likes

Quite sad really that the only thing that keeps us all interested in the games now in such a ■■■■ season is whether we get relegated or not

And then another 90 minutes of sleep come Saturday?

1 Like

Talking of Saturday - Grimsby Town (A) - Sat 27th March, 3pm

1 Like

See what you did there :wink: nice little plug :+1:t2:

1 Like

Call me a Marketing & PR superstar

Pity the club don’t make use of you …

They used to. I was a steward :joy:

1 Like

Think I’ll stick to Rob for the time being :wink:

1 Like

Still better than the usual names :joy:

1 Like

:rofl: I bet some of them still end in ob.

3 Likes

Jokes by the way :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Liar :joy:

2 Likes

They used to call you Bar didn’t they :wink:

1 Like

Sad times indeed. I agree with comment re: Dutton, I just feel like he’s going to stay (and sadly, that fills me with dread too!)

2 Likes

Bit late now (and clutching at straws) but the the EFL have overturned the red card awarded against Scunthorpe that led to Sarfend’s penalty last Saturday and instead given a ban to Dieng for simulation:

A previous 0-0 rather than 1-1 (to break their barren spell) might have had them in a slightly less buoyant mood. And in fact, if the ref had spotted it at the time, they should actually have been down to 10 and possibly lost to Scunny, plus Dieng wouldn’t have been able to play against us (thought he was one of the differences between the teams).

Doesn’t make our performance any better but another rub of the green against us.

I don’t know Andy. Dieng had numerous chances, with an XG totaling almost 1. For me, I’m glad he was playing as he was as dire as everyone else on that pitch. (With Honorable exceptions such as leak)

It’s an interesting debate to be had whether if someone else had been playing, would he have scored those chances, or would he not even have been able to create those chances?

Depends on who his replacement would have been I guess

I’m confused - if the red card for the foul was overturned, and instead the Southend player was red carded for simulation, does that mean that the penalty Southend equalised with shouldn’t have been a penalty?

Does this mean that the result should have been 1 - 0 to Scunthorpe?