Southend United (A) - Tue 23rd March, 7pm

Did you not say he should back him or that he should not have been appointed very confusing . FFS he is part of a negative duo with DC and is not the answer.

My position is VERY clear.

I wouldn’t of appointed Dutton.
At the time I would of welcomed the appointment of Sadler, supported by an experienced number two (see previous posts).

Whether right, we will never know I suppose…

Had I of appointed Dutton, the very first thing I would of done would of been to appoint an experienced number two. If you are to back a man, back him properly. Had we of done this I am confident we wouldn’t be in this position now.

There is no doubt about it, Dutton has been hung out to dry.

Not convinced by a Director of Football role for a L2 football club that is historically resistant to change. Time will tell I suppose.

No confidence with anything WFC.

I think you are correct, but when we somehow appoint a good manager, like Dean Smith, the brakes go on and we arrest (and even reverse, for a while) the decline. When we appoint a shocking manager, like Clarke, it accelerates, and throws into sharp relief all the other non-playing problems at the club.
Time for a major overhaul of everything, playing and non-playing, if we hope to permanently arrest our descent.

1 Like

I thought Dutton looked utterly dejected in his post match interview. Looked like he didn’t want to be there.
Surely his position is untenable?
He’s lost the fans, lost the dressing room, has criticised the players fitness, mentality and desire. The team’s performances are showing no signs of improving. Even if Pomlett still believes, surely he knows the fans aren’t going to buy season tickets to watch this dross regardless of the league we are in.

7 Likes

I do now understand what you are saying and I actually think Sadler would have been a much better appointment til the end of season :+1:. Apologies

1 Like

I don’t think it would make a difference if we had M’bop or Mbappe up front. We don’t create; Hanson is guaranteed to score…

3 Likes

No need to apologise mate.

One love
UTS

7 Likes

While I appreciate kinsella I think he only truly works in a midfield 3. His positional sense and passing are atrocious so when he plays we always have poor possession and midfield control. I don’t think we have truly offered anything in midfield for the last 3 season with himself as a main cm. maybe I am being harsh as he will shed blood for the team

1 Like

He works hard and disrupts the opposition. His last shot was the FA Cup replay at Sunderland 2 years ago. Offers nothing going forward. I like his effort but not sure how to fit him in. He can only play central midfield as an anchor man winning the ball in front of the back 4 but then giving it to someone else to pass it forward. Could possibly play alongside Holden.

2 Likes

Indeed. But; is it Darrell Clarke’s fault that our two best players were sold from underneath him, one to them being the only player in our team that worried opposition defences? And, subsequently being replaced with one of the worst professional footballers I have ever seen?

I am afraid abstaining LP from any blame no longer works on any level.

5 Likes

Anyone who watches Glasgow rangers would see where kinsella would perfectly fit cause he’s Taylor made for the Ryan jack roll. 433 in front of the defence with 2 creative/ attacking players in front of him. Either that or do a dean smith and play him right back.

2 Likes

Thats how he needs to be used or at the bottom of a diamond formation with Holden when he is back at the top of it.

1 Like

That shambolic second half performance has plumbed new depths - and left me angry, confused and dejected in equal measures.

I find it totally unacceptable that a team of professional footballers fail to make a single effort at goal against a struggling team that has been reduced to 10 men for most of the half.

I fail to see how they can look themselves in the mirror without a sense of shame and embarrassment - it defies belief that as professionals they failed to apply any pressure to a team that were there to be beaten. This was a massive opportunity thrown away, and they should be ashamed of that performance.

There are no leaders on the pitch - nobody to marshall the team and give them some direction. Can you imagine Andy Butler or Adie Viveash allowing a performance like that to happen - players of that calibre hold themselves and their team members to high standards, and they would have banged heads together.

Too many of that team have gone through their careers being told how good they are - surrounded by too many hangers on who are afraid to tell some home truths. Under our most successful managers, players would be terrified to come in the next day after giving G a performance like that - Graydon, Nicholl or Money would have bawled them out then had them running laps of the training pitch for the day. I seriously doubt that will happen under the current regime, and I’m afraid that more ‘arms round shoulders’ and ‘the lads worked their socks off’ stories won’t change anything.

11 Likes

Bored?

WFC YouTube

2 Likes

Absolutely Dreadful

Pomlett should do the decent thing

Resign

Stay as owner actively look for a buyer remain as owner hand the reigns on to someone who gets what being a chairman is about

1 Like

To me we have one option left to us to survive and that’s throw everything at the thing people call “a new manager bounce” to me it’s the only way I can see us getting the points we need to survive and to actually win a game of football,even if that initial hit of a new manager only gets us enough to stay up and then subsides I don’t care because most of this lot are gone anyway in the summer.

1 Like

Agreed @Scooby2167

But we aren’t going to get it

And all people want to do is write letters to a SLO who is in the pocket of the Club

It’s just a case of ride it out hoping that this Pomlett and Dutton double act doesn’t put us in Non League Football

2 Likes

FTFY.

2 Likes

Pomlett won’t like that as it wastes his time reading them.