Southend United (A) - Tue 23rd March, 7pm

There’s no alternative atm other than write an email.

Make no mistake about it Dutton will send us down. There isn’t a worse 2 teams than us and Southend atm

2 Likes

Why not phone?

The Liaison Officer
     (Sylvia's Mother)

The liaison officer says Mr Pomlett’s busy
Too busy to come to the phone
Yes, Brian’s here but he’s trying
To start a new life of his own
The liaison officer says Mr Pomlett’s happy
So back off and leave us alone
And the fans say only ten games more
In the next two months
Please, Mr Whittaker, I just gotta talk to him
Keep us in this league a while
Please, Mr Whittaker, I just want to tell him please try
The liaison officer says Brian’s packing
He’s gonna be leaving today
The liaison officer says Brian’s following
A fella who’s down Burslem way
The liaison officer says please don’t say anything
To make him start crying today
In the next two months
Please, Mr Whittaker, I just gotta talk to him
I’ll only keep him a while
Please, Mr Whittaker, I just want to tell him goodbye
The liaison officer says Brian’s hurrying
He’s catching the 15.04 train
The liaison officer says take Leigh’s umbrella
'Cause, Brian, it’s starting to rain
And the liaison officer says thank you for calling
And, sir, won’t you call back again?
In the next two months
Please, Mr Whittaker, I just gotta talk to Brian
I’ll only keep him a while
Please, Mr Whittaker, I just want to tell him goodbye
Tell him goodbye
Please, tell him goodbye!

15 Likes

It was a terrible performance. I do feel sorry for BD in that he inherited a set of players who are not very good and with no chance of bringing in new ones. He has players injured and suspended and has, to be fair, blooded Perry and now Leak and that is positive for the future.

Two things struck me last night. One was that the first touch of our players, with few exceptions, is poor and that was not true of Southend. The other is that we are not physically strong, apart from Kinsella and Sinclair but they only pass back when they have won the ball.

Osadebe MOTM by some distance.

Another draw at Cleethorpes?

Listening to the Southend commentators before the match they were saying the leading goal scorer’s have only scored two goals each, and we think we’re bad. Plus watching them for sixty odd years that’s probably one of the worse games I’ve come across.

Last night’s performance and the Barrow game are the guidelines of how not to play football.
I believe LP knew of Dutton’s ineptness and probably thought if he can just get us through the season, I’ll replace him with someone more competent.
Leigh, see what happens when you deploy the cheap option. We find ourselves, up to our necks in deep poo. All we’re waiting is for the boss to say “right lads, back on your heads!”

Ever since I’ve been watching Walsall, the whole club from top to bottom just wreaks of cheapness.
We moved from one dump to another, yes, the Banks’s stadium was an exact replica of Scunthorpe’s ground, so we have to congratulate JB and his cronies for their vision and creativity.
Other teams off load their cast offs, we pay the players a pittance and expect them to pull up trees.
Being cheap and slow to act has greatly contributed to where we find ourselves today…staring non-league football full in the face.
LP and the board, grow a pair, gather some courage and act NOW, or risk losing the fanbase.

4 Likes

He has inherited players he has been around for 18 months and if it is to be believed had a hand in recruiting. Added to that, two of the starting 11 were Clarke and Sinclair who he has been working with for even longer prior to coming here. I don’t feel sorry for him on that score, you make your bed and all that.

2 Likes

Another poor expected goals showing. Incredibly fortunate to get a point.

3 Likes

Sooner we are gone of Dutton the better. I like him as a bloke and have sympathy, but he is out of his depth. Actively seems to be making it harder for himself. The sooner we get rid the better chance we have of safety, I just fear LP will act too late. Apathy is the main feeling that I get around the club and that terrifies me.

1 Like

Our xG attempts from last night

We, quite literally, did not look like scoring in the second half.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’ve never seen an xG flat for an hour

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

No, me neither.

That it was against a 10 man Southend is just mind blowing.

1 Like

Actually, I’ll be generous. We subbed lavery and Gordon at half time who were strong candidates for red cards. That blunted our attack. It would have been disastrous to go down to 10 men. We got a point. It could have been worse.

But it needs to get better.

2 Likes

It was blunt with them in it.The pair of them bring nothing to the table.

3 Likes

Must be the easiest games in the season for League 2 centre halves when they play us.

3 Likes

I can’t see what everyone is complaining about: it was end-to-end stuff!!! I don’t know why Josh Gordon didn’t just hit it first time rather than taking a touch which forced him wide. Actually I do know: he’s not a natural striker. He doesn’t anticipate and is very rarely in the right place at the right time and snatches at his chances. I don’t know what his goals per game ratio is but it must be pretty dreadful. I wouldn’t keep him: they are welcome to him in Burslem.

And the opposing goalkeepers could take a deckchair and a good book out with them!

The worst thing about all these poor results and performances is i don’t think we have hit rock bottom yet.

Just three more sleeps 'til Saturday :joy:

4 Likes

Quite sad really that the only thing that keeps us all interested in the games now in such a ■■■■ season is whether we get relegated or not

And then another 90 minutes of sleep come Saturday?

1 Like