Southend United (H) Friday 19th April, 3pm

I’m hopeful that we will win tomorrow and this will give us confidence to beat Wycombe on Monday. We will then just need one more win to stay up. I reckon O’Connor has been told that the job is his if he keeps us up.

My team would be:

Roberts
Devlin - Scarr - Guthrie - Leahy
Edwards - Dobson - Kinsella
Osborne
Cook Oteh

I’d tell Osborne to get in the box and get on the end of crosses at the back post, with Cook attacking the near post. Oteh could run the channels and help the fullbacks get crosses in. It’s worth a try as sod all else has worked this season.

You know when you watch a film, where the underdog is under the cosh for most of the film, and you are just waiting for the bit where they come out fighting and win the day?, well i just keep hoping for that moment, and it just hasn’t come? and i don’t think it will, maybe we need a new director :wink:

8 Likes

Wait for the sequel: Escape From League Two.

It’s being filmed in at least five parts.

2 Likes

Southend are basically a unerring catalogue of defeats, punctuated by the odd draw where they score first and can’t hold the lead.

With the exception of Bradford, these represent the best chance we could have chosen for a stab at three points. Basically a 2 foot putt. But can we do it? Are the players still in the mood?

:thinking:

1 Like

Let’s hope it is a Good Friday for us today in more ways than one !!!

My team
Dunn
Devlin Scarr Guthrie Laird
Kinsella Dobson Edwards
Ismail Cook Blackett-taylor

Prediction ?? … A win to the team who wants it the most!!

2 Likes

As long as Southend don’t have a shot Dunn should be ok!

1 Like

“Basically a two foot put”

So are we.

I think we will see Dunn in goal, also Edwards on the right in a 442…3-1 to us cook with 2 oteh with the other.

Dunn

Devlin Scarr Fitzwater Leahy

Edwards Kinsella Dobson Blackett Taylor

Cook       Oteh

Don’t you start! :grinning:

*putt

Haha not starting anything. But just pointing out writing Southend off as a two foot put(t) is probably what they are doing to us.

To a decent team they are a gimmie. We are not a decent team.

No-one written off, hence the ‘But can we do it?’ in my post. They do represent a great chance for us. Again - Can we take it? :thinking:

No, “writing them off” is probably unfair to you actually.

I’d still argue it’s more like 6 foot knee knocker to us though.

Well, in our current position, some might say it would be like using the wrong end of the club, blindfolded and having just drunk 8 pints of Special Brew. You never know though! Certainly do or die today.

1 Like

Yes, but that putt is downhill, with a left to right break! And the next hole is a par 3 over water.

1 Like

To just ensure the analogy is tortured a little more I’d say we are trying to navigate the course with only three clubs in our bag and they are all mid range irons.

Our putter threw itself in the lake at the last hole, a hole affectionately known as the “Stanley” which will be mostly remembered for a fist fight with our caddy as we walked towards the next.

3 Likes

An atrocity on the next green - as it looks like a collection of boisterous adolescent miscreants have taken a dump near the hole. It’s a disgrace. And another hazard to avoid. :poop:

2 Likes

The golf analogies are teeing me off.

2 Likes

Perhaps Crazy Golf rather than the real thing?

They should be flagged up immediately.

1 Like

Guess I’ll have to putt up with it.