Squad numbers 2022/23

In previous squad photos the captain is usually next to the management team. I’d be happy for Daniels to be captain.

Surprised by the size of the backroom team though. Wonder what their official titles are?

The first team page on the OS still not been updated with this yet - https://www.saddlers.co.uk/teams/first-team/

All of the new players are there though, and some of the allocated numbers that match the announced squad too. It does include the all the youngsters, not just Maher, and the loans-out too.

Anyone else’s OCD gone haywire with that photo?

3 Likes

Not many left over from that photo last summer.

Strength and conditioning shouldn’t be a problem looking at the size of the coaches on the right. Don’t think even monthe will be arguing with them

2 Likes

Is it just me or do the team look a lot happier in this years team photo?

Maybe the number 10 is reserved for the fans as we have had so many injuries already the fans may have to play soon

They’re smiling more so let’s hope it’s a good sign unless the photographer got them saying something better than ‘cheese’.

The Walsall website player photos looks very amateurish and is even displaying last year’s team photo.

The directors photo makes LP look thin though
:grinning:

1 Like

I was thinking exactly the same mate , dont think they will be taking any shit from the opposition dugouts.
Ps if they are brave enough in the first place that is :joy:

I’m not sure they will all fit in the dugout :joy: we’re going to need to make them bigger. I’m sure they will be fighting over who sits next to the physio though

Looks like Mukuna has the number 19 shirt

Whats he done to earn a contract?

Hes young,impressed Flynn in training and therefore deserves a chancewhen hes wearing our shirt support him dont slate him already

4 Likes

The lads 17 ffs he won’t be in the first team for a couple of years anyway unless he is quality.
I will judge him against our own at his age.
He may blossom into a quality player worth a. Go

5 Likes

We shall see wish him luck

When were squad numbers introduced? When I began watching, it was 1-11 on the pitch, or strictly 2-11 since the keepers did not bother.

Having said that, some players wore the same numbers: Taylor was 11, Wright was 9, Buckley 10 and so on, whenever they played. But often the numbers meant nothing - Brian Taylor usually wore 2 but sometimes played in midfield. And when there were 2 subs, they were 12 and 14.

1 Like

On Makuna……Flynn’s been around the block and back in the football world so if anyone can judge players it’s him.I certainly won’t be moaning if we sell him for a good few quid in years to come.

Ah but people will be moaning that we sold him too cheaply.

The fact that he included a 17 year old to play in the first team squad friendlies tells us that he must rate him. Had he just bunged him in the reserve team from day one and we wouldn’t be even discussing him.

3 Likes