Squad numbers 2022/23

:laughing::man_facepalming:t2: can’t win can we?

1 Like

Did you mean he was added because most the others we’re injured :joy:

1 Like

Now now, erm, rewriting history?

1 Like

It seems to be reasonable to judge players in the first team squad by the standards of the first team.

If he’s 17 and a player for the development squad then I’m not sure why he’s in the first team squad in the first place.

Think he’ll be seen as a fringe player. Interesting to see that he has featured for first-team friendlies but Shay Willock who I believe is a year older hasn’t. Sounds like MF doesn’t rate Shay.

You have put in words very eloquentally what I have been thinking. If hes going in the development team why has he got a first team shirt number.

He officially hasn’t…

Has this lad signed for us ? I haven’t seen it anywhere.

Even without Mukuna, there are 31 first team player profiles on the OS, although 4 of those are out on loan. Only 23 in the team photo (same as the announced squad numbers) so I’m assuming it’s Jackson, Sawyers, Shaw and Willock who were left out? (even though 3 of them do appear to have been given squad numbers on there and only Jackson and Shaw are still missing mugshots)

More strange though is why some of the 23 don’t have their numbers on the OS page yet. You wouldn’t think it would be that difficult to keep it up to date, especially as it has obviously been updated over the last couple of days.

I’m sure somebody here said Jackson had left / been released and was on trial at Stoke.

Shaw looked like he could be the next big thing at the end of last season. Played a few games for Wales youth largely with players from the big clubs, so he must have something about him. I wonder what’s happened there :thinking:

1 Like

I haven’t seen it either. Someone put a picture up of him in a Walsall shirt but you know how little that means.

1 Like