Stevenage (A) Feb 29th, 3pm

Liverpool getting a spanking at Watford 3-0 Troy Deeney with the 3rd

Millions more for us when he moves on then :wink:

2 Likes

Seems to always be the case without ever coming into fruition doesn’t it.It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Uncle Jeff has a clause so that anything made from players who were sold under his regime all goes to him this may actually already be the case I’m not sure about that side of things.

2 Likes

He is a real icon there. On one of my rare visits to a home game, Watford were at Villa. I just about got on the train at New St, but I had a chat to some of them about Deeney and they absolutely idolised him. Sadly from our point of view, I think he will be there until he leaves on a free transfer.

1 Like

It does seem as if they see Troy as a bit of a Cult Hero would that be fair enough to say? That’s the impression I get from the crowd response to him and from interviews I’ve seen with Watford fans.Fair play to him comes across really well in post match interviews he’s come a long way since being with us got to be 10 years or more now surely.

2 Likes

Picked a good spot to watch the game there Rob, entrance to the club bar not too far away :beer:
Did some sponsoring with them recently as I work literally just over the road from the ground.
Great bunch of folks down there (especially Denise the Chairwoman at the time) who proudly fly the Black Country Flag, and welcome everyone.

1 Like

I think you are right on that point, I did mention this on an other post a few months ago

Just think of JWB as the fox in the hen house, just cos Troy is currently in Watford’s hen house the tentacles still reach to suck the life blood from WFC all the way from sunny Cyprus

Same issue with any player with a potential add on arising from his barstewardship of the club i.e Rico etc

When the club was sold the “possible” receipts such as this could not have been allow for in the share valuation so no doubt there would have been a side agreement within the sale assigning the funds to JWB, and in the immortal words “why shouldn’t I??”

He might surprise us announce if any of the add ons pay off big style that he has donated it to the club to rebuild…/delusionalmode/end

1 Like

Was an excellent win for Halesowen and fully deserved, they wanted it more.
Don’t think too many noticed that a load of Walsall fans went a long to be fair!

2 Likes

Think we should have a fully fit squad for the rescheduled fixture.

3 Likes

I don’t know , a few things could happen in 1459 days … :rofl:

1 Like

Away to Manchester City!

Or Afc Fylde

1 Like

Not sure on the accounting rules but I believe cash is banked as received, or you’d be forever redoing old annual accounts. The value of potential future receipts would have been taken into account in the sale price agreed, rather than a complex and possibly illegal pay-through clause.

Indeed, we might have even gelled by then.

2 Likes

Please dont start em off.

1 Like

And our 15 year old striker will be a 19 year old striker. On the other hand, do you think Guthrie will be fit to play in 4 years time? :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hopefully Alfie Bates will be ready to come out of his three month semi retirement aswell!

2 Likes

Probably not reaching Clarke’s training requirements and is sat on the naughty step with Jules and Roberts.

Id love too see AB more…He looked so good on the ball

Id love too see more young blood over some others but i kind of get where DC is coming from with them but i think he is leaving them a little short and game time…But no way should they play week in week out it will ruin there development… But 1 game in 3 months just isnt enough

1 Like

https://twitter.com/WFCOfficial/status/1234825858663108608?s=20

Interesting team considering my comment here :thinking:

Incidentally, we are 2-0 up … and both goals were Nolan assists.

1 Like