Stevenage (H) Wednesday 2nd December, 7pm

Looks like a must win game, that’s why I’m not too optimistic. So far all such games were smashing successes, that’s why one nil will do the trick. Headed goal by Scarr after set piece situation, after nervy 80 mins.
And Rose as goalie. Another mistake for Robbo can be real bad.

See you got a picture of the lucky lucky man

2 Likes

3-0 Scrimaldo 2 Holden the other.

He “IS” a ■■■■■■■ lucky lucky man :grin:

3 Likes

I thought Holden was in line for suspension (after his yellow card vs. Newport County) :thinking:

1 Like

He would still have more chance of scoring than mad dog Scrimaldo :joy:

1 Like

Admire your optimism, but there’s only one pack I’m keeping an eye on and that’s the relegation threatened one that seems to be very much coming into our rear view.

As things stand we’re 6 points clear of…Stevenage who are level on points with Mansfield in the last relegation spot. There’s no way Mansfield are going down under Clough, so tomorrow is a very big game.

1 Like

Scunny winning 3-1 ain’t great.

He runs around so much that at some point a long punt upfield will hit him and ricochet randomly into the net

1 Like

Defining moment of the season so far. Win and we’re on the coat tails of the play off chasers. Lose to another crap team and we’re staring down the barrel.

3 Likes

Won 5-2, so the gap between us and the bottom 2 is now just 6 points.

We went into the anticipated walkover of the Southend game 12 points clear just 3 games ago :no_mouth:

Huge game for the season, and for Mr. Clarke tomorrow.

3 Likes

If we don’t win this one it will be really disappointing for all supporters and for the morale of the team. Must win for me.

7 Likes

Yep, huge game. Couple of tough games afterwards in Tranmere and Bolton too, we really need to win this game.

2 Likes

Tranmere and Bolton are bang in form Aswell so makes a win all the more important for confidence and to prove to ourselves we can win football matches.

Last season despite the awful run never felt there was any danger as Stevenage were miles adrift and Macclesfield kept on getting deducted points every other month. And one spot in play. Probably gave the team some freedom to go on the good run before lockdown.

Different story this time. Southend being so bad will inflate bottom half teams points total so was beyond woeful losing to them.

Team simply have to turn up up tomorrow as my backside is a little squeaky…

Bolton have massively picked up. I swear they were about 18th two weeks ago but now pretty much in play offs and will probably stay there.

Hope AM didn’t cash out. :wink:

1 Like

After our now traditional mid-season break (while other clubs are fannying about with that FA Cup malarkey - somesuch nonsense called a “second round” I’m led to believe), I reckon we should be fresher than Stevenaverage and have the edge over them. So I predict a convincing thrashing - stick my neck out and say 1-0 from 32% possession.

1 Like

Bolton & Salford creeping up the league to fill 1st & 2nd places as I predicted.
Pity about Bolton, was looking forward to playing them and NOT get thrashed, so that scenario will never happen it would appear.
In trepidation about tonight, just have an awful feeling that the Southend ‘team’ will turn up again, and as mentioned above we will be looking down the barrel of a relegation scrap…again.

2 Likes

Rose should play, but id want to win here if we had Jonny Brains Nan in goal. No excuses here.

1 Like

Is there a remote chance Josh Gordon could play or is it far too soon?