Strengthening in January?

Depends on the steak-holders…

3 Likes

Eye see what you did there.

2 Likes

A new team nearly by the sound of that :open_mouth:

Surely we should be offering the player’s that have proved good enough and who have progressed in the last year better deal’s rather than looking to replace them .

I.E … the like’s of Robert’s , Kinsella ( for the time , effort , and expense over the year’s the club have spent with them )… now coming into fruition & Dobson we should be trying to hold onto rather than starting again , unless we get some proven experience which we can add to this team.

True the like’s of Ferrier seem to have gone off the boil at the moment and doe’s ruffle a few feather’s with his selfish approach but that’s something the coaches will be working with him on to iron that out a little i would imagine .

Fizzywater isn’t our’s so that is a different kettle of fish , but the other player’s are so if we think they are getting better a deal reflecting that should be put on the table before they have their head’s turned by better offer’s

1 Like

Well we have tried with Dobson as he has accepted a new contract but when players are good they can always be tempted away by clubs in the Championship who can offer 2 or 3 times what we can offer. We are not alone in this as the majority of Clubs in our Division face the same problem. The differences in finances between the divisions has become a major problem in our game. The days of clubs like us being able to hold onto players for years as we managed to do in the last century have gone. I am sure we will try with Kinsella and Roberts but we all know if a “big” club comes calling all we have done by paying them more is enhanced the fee. I long for the days to return when football was more of a level playing field but with most of the money going into the top two tiers I cannot see it happening.

2 Likes

…something for you to get your teeth into Exile ? :cow2:

1 Like

Could be an option if Fitz goes back as seems likely but would say the Martin signing makes it unlikely.

Inconsistency of player’s is why they are in this division at the end if the day , and that’s the problem , just look at the start of the season Cook and Ferrier were both performing brilliantly , and then Cook went off the boil a little , and the fan’s started singing the praises of Ferrier now he’s struggling a bit , and Cook is now showing promise again .

If we get player’s that can put that sort of pressure on other player’s and perform week in week out then i’m afraid they are cherry picked from us every time . .

Unless we throw money at player’s and show ambition then we are forever looking toward’s that never ending revolving door which really pisses me off

1 Like

We need strong flanks and someone who can chuck in a good throw. We never really replaced Jason Brisket.

You’re right, as a marrow of fact.

2 Likes

Cover at left back and a good pacey winger on loan to switch it about a bit.

2 Likes

Yes we’re definitely a little lean in those position’s. …

1 Like

If Keates doesn’t strengthen then he’ll be for the chop.

2 Likes

??? Cos he’s done such a terrible job so far?

I believe you may have missed the punning element to the thread El Nombre :smile:

5 Likes

That’s a WHOOSH!

5 Likes

I did :joy:

3 Likes

Indeed it is in old money :smile:

Well I’m not very good at these threads,but I’ll have a go…I think we need a Sausage,bacon beef,chicken centre half…:grimacing::smiley:

3 Likes

and a frying winger

1 Like

There’s not many good Chinese wingers about though.

3 Likes