Summer Transfer Rumours 2022

Well if it is higher than OUR expectations i think we will be delighted :smiley: :wink:

2 Likes

But Flynn wanted rid of him less than 12 months ago. Why would he contemplate signing for the same manager again?

Nothing to do with Crawley gazumping us.

11 Likes

Good point :smiley: makes me feel a bit better about it now :joy: :wink:

1 Like

Didnā€™t they get taken over recently? So guess thatā€™s their marquee signingā€¦

Feels a very sideways move though given they were bottom end league two last year especially given heā€™s moved away from South west where heā€™s played in recent times.

Must want to chance the endless strikes and lost baggage for quick getaways jaunts from Gatwick.

Strange move for sure. Is Tom Nichols out of contract, heā€™s one Iā€™ve always liked and would be in for if available.

1 Like

Iā€™m not convinced we were ever in for him. Fact is heā€™s signed for Crawley so there was a chance. I donā€™t mind Flynn not bringing in a player that wasnā€™t his man, but ā€œhis manā€ better be f***ing good to have a better record than this bloke that isnā€™t.

3 Likes

Yep I hope the days of the only people who think a players absolutely incredible are in the 4 walls of the bescot stadium when everyone else just doesnā€™t see it are behind us.

You can sign all the defenders you want, have the best keeper, but if you havenā€™t got a couple of blokes up top who can regularly bang the goals in then everything else is a waste of time!!!

5 Likes

someone who scores 25 goals in a season gets noticed by clubs higher up the pyramid who will have taken a look and decided he isnā€™t for them. Iā€™m sure if Stockport or Bradford had been interested they could have beaten off competiition from Crawley Town?
As for being on our wish listā€¦the majority of signings so far have been totally unexpected without a whisper let alone a rumour. I suspect Flynn will have a definite idea about who and what he wants to give us a chance of the play offs but he wont be letting onā€¦

1 Like

What Iā€™d like to see is some of this American money being spent on a very good striker for this level.Iā€™m not moaning at all Iā€™m happy with the speed and quantity of signings but I think we can all agree that we need a 15-20 goal a season man.

3 Likes

Telfordā€™s move is strange.

Unlike Mullin and Palmer joining Wrexham and Quigley joining Stockport, who probably knew they werenā€™t going to play above league 1 or 2 and so their motivation was money (donā€™t blame them).

Telford is still young enough to get up the pyramid, but unlikely to do it with Crawley.
I thought heā€™d have gone to league 1 with any of the promoted sides and others.

4 Likes

Itā€™s a good point and Telford could well scupper his chances of moving up the pyramid if he only scores 7-10 in this league this season.Because many clubs will be thinking he was indeed a one season wonder.

2 Likes

Perhaps Telford is Crawleyā€™s flagship signing as Wilkinson was ours last pre-season.

Iā€™d agree with that mate letā€™s hope it works for him mind you players seem to have plenty of options these days donā€™t they regardless of talent.

I think thatā€™s the thing.

He could well be a one season wonder but youā€™re talking a 20 + goal striker at this level who again has joined a team finishing below Walsall last season.

Itā€™s frustrating but understandable seeing strikers drop to non league moneybags teams like Wrexham and Stockport but Crawley arenā€™t that loaded unless Iā€™ve missed something.

Really need to get the CF right. Then you have Williams as back up/alternate and then hopefully an Adebayo type development signing and then thereā€™s half a chance with hopefully one of the attacking midfielders coming good.

Anything less and just feels like it will be another underwhelming year in the fourth tier.

As much as we joke about it getting in Norwood and Dallas with Williams would be pretty much perfect and my definition of a club serious not just about promotion but then staying in league one the following season.

1 Like

I actually think thatā€™s where Clarke went a bit wrong personally. In summer 2019 he was intent on signing endless defenders and CMs in the first few weeks and left the striker signings to much later (think Lavery and Gaffney came in after season had started).

Seems he altered that thought when he went to Burslem and quickly signed 2-3 strikers early on.

Really need the main CF for this season to be in for pre season so hopefully Flynn knows what heā€™s doing.

It might be that he just wasnā€™t able to land his targets and ended up with the bargain basement leftovers

5 Likes

Crawley have used Bitcoin to sign Telford, we used Fullarton who was a BitofaCunt to sign Wilkinson

5 Likes

Much smaller mate all about money sold himself to the highest bidder there

1 Like

I canā€™t believe there was a basement deep enough for Gaffney.

1 Like

Shows a lack of ambition from Telford who surley could have got himself a decent move to a good league one club.

5 Likes