Summer Transfer Rumours 2022

Daniels was talking about yesterday can’t wait to start playing the right way and playing football. Would guess that Flynn wants that style next season

5 Likes

Which only got mocked because it was Whitney. Loads of top teams do it every preseason. I bet it doesn’t get the same reaction this year with Flynn.

6 Likes

Early Newport under Flynn, yes. However, his last couple of seasons he definitely changed their style to a more possession based one and you could definitely see that in our home game against them in the COVID season.

Interesting article here on the changes he made to their style…

3 Likes

Cheers for that, Tom. Happy to read that as my abiding memory of our games with them were pretty horrible.
I’m happy with the style he’s been playing here, so hopefully then he will bring in better than what we currently have, that can play a similar type of game.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s been a good mix of high pressing and trying to play out through the thirds.

To win 6 out of 8 home games was a pretty remarkable achievement considering the mess we were in when he arrived.

5 Likes

MF is impressively organized. Players have only just packed their bags for the holidays and the manager already has pre-season mapped out.
If the squad is as good as his organization skills we’re in for a treat next season.
I think everyone will concur that we due a good season of football.

2 Likes

He signed while injured, missed plenty of games and people expect him to pick up where he left off, in a team that struggles to create.

A good pre-season will do him the world of good.

2 Likes

Hopefully somewhere else :wink:

Then he’ll have a season like Dom Telford and you’ll be moaning that we didn’t give him a pre-season. Let’s trust Flynn’s judgment.

Telford scored 1 in 15 when he first signed for Newport in January 2020 and then hit 25 in 30 this season…

1 Like

Weren’t Newport constrained by the state of their pitch for ages though?

Wrong poster mate. I don’t moan about stuff like that. If he goes and does well elsewhere, so be it.
If he stays, I’ll be willing him to do well for us.

Flynn’s call

I just think we need to get better players in in order for him to have a chance of improving our league position.

As for Telford, he’s the exception that proves the rule.

He also mentioned it too often in the early stages of the season and all the advantages Cassius Camps would have on the pitch, only for the on the pitch to go sour and not work out.

Smith used to take the squad into the wilds of Wales didn’t he for team bonding etc.

2 Likes

Think it was cheapest when Merse just took them to the pub.

3 Likes

Mere Green massive

3 Likes

Connor washington free as is Ryan broom both good players.

Broom would be good in the sweeper role

3 Likes

Knew it :rofl:

Miller being linked with Bradford there fans ain’t impressed joking apart he’d probably be suited to playing alongside a big lad like Cook

Miller, Cook and Lavery together :laughing:

1 Like