Summer Transfer Rumours 2022

Getting the right keeper can make a big difference. Clayton Ince is a great example. He always had a clanger in him but he made a lot of great saves and more importantly commanded his area coming and taking crosses well.

I have no idea how good or bad RO’D is now, to be honest.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t mind him tbh. We need a decent L2 keeper and I think he fits that bill. We could do a lot, lot worse.

1 Like

Regarding Clayton Ince. When I saw him playing for Crewe he was not half the keeper he was compared to when he played for us later in his career. He had improved immensely in terms of collecting crosses.
Maybe O’Donnell, now 33, has improved that aspect of his game.

4 Likes

Would agree with that , trouble is you’ve just described Jack Rose .
I’m still struggling to see why we’ve let him go unless it was his decision.

5 Likes

Could do with David Kelly upfront :laughing:

1 Like

Reading Bradford twitter - there is only positives for ROD - I would happily take him back

1 Like

He would certainly score more with a walking frame than our supposed ‘forwards’ this last miserable season.

1 Like

ROD kept a remarkable number of clean sheets for Bradford (given how crap they generally were), was captain, and player of the season during his spell there.

Mark Prudhoe is on the coaching staff at Sunderland, just incase you were wondering :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Got a feeling ROD will sign for someone like Chesterfield

Complete coincidence that my oldest daughter is called Kelly :grin:

3 Likes

I’m probably being cynical here, however, I would not be surprised if we don’t get a new signing announcement just as the club begins another push on selling season tickets.

Seems as though O Donnell is signing for Rochdale

To be fair you are not wrong

Bloody Rochdale! Unbelievable

I bet he regrets buying the house in Walsall now

19 Likes

Not David?!!

2 Likes

Didn’t O’Donnell leave us claiming he wanted to be closer to home in Chesterfield and ended up at Wigan?

1 Like

Yes, before going to Bristol City!

2 Likes

That’s closer to Frome, I suppose.

8 Likes

Massive news incoming from our club website!!