Summer Transfer Rumours 2022

I think i counted 18 outfield players out there today

1 Like

Watched him at Hereford a few times last season, good player but not Premiership, i think Villa will let him go back out on loan

Heard Makuna was there i hope we arent signing him utter dogshite

Canā€™t believe the amount of negativity, bordering on abuse that Jonas Mukuna is getting. Heā€™s only played in pre-season friendlies and heā€™s about 18 years old. Maybe he isnā€™t good enough and maybe he wonā€™t make the grade but give the kid a chance. If we do sign him heā€™ll be on peanuts anyway. Letā€™s not completely destroy his confidence and ruin his career before it has even started. Thereā€™s a section of fans at Walsall that always slay young kids and wonā€™t give them a chance.

25 Likes

My mate who went told me he was there.

Also said that Wilkinson will be back in full training in a few weeks :grinning:

2 Likes

Makuna is 17.
I went to the Walsall game vs rushall and all our youth players played awful against a team of adults including shaw sawyers and willock.
17 is more about potential, if his a bit rubbish now but good against his own age group and can grow as a player to be ready as backup by 19 Iā€™m happy with that
And for 17 Iā€™ve seen worse

3 Likes

I agree youā€™ve got to compare him to fringe players in the academy rather than the first team if hes better then might be worth a punt. Sure hes only 17.

Bang on . Although he didnā€™t make much of an impression in the friendlies. he must have potential otherwise he would have been released with the others. I couldnā€™t believe he was only 17. Heā€™s built like a brick shithouse.
Flynn obviously sees something in him which we havenā€™t had chance to yet, and as you say, he will be cheap.

1 Like

Source ? You on twiiter under the name of Walsall Report?

No, not me. The source was my ears!!!

Not sure how you can get over a torn ACL in less than 5 months!

1 Like

Lets see how reliable your ears are.

For the development squad yes no issue there first team squad he has shown nothing to suggest he is ready for that.

A mate whoā€™s a Villa fan said we turned down the chance to take him on loan a couple of weeks ago.

Strange to say this as a Walsall fan, but not sure we need another striker with Williams and Johnson as first choice with Abraham and Taylor as back-up.

Is he the bloke who if he gets knocked down gets up again?

18 Likes

Doesnā€™t look like we are signing anyone todayā€¦ also you think if we were going to sign someone it would be a lwb

Thatā€™ll be a very poor dyslexic cricketer then.

9 Likes

Chris Hussey may be allowed to leave Vale on loan according to some of there fans we need a left back?

What - theyā€™re keeping Mal Benning as their first choice instead? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

yes and they have signed another left back lol