Summer Transfer Rumours 2022

And wasn’t a week ago, that’s my point. There’s lads that have worked through the age groups to get to this point.

But I didn’t even say it was an issue, yet of course people are focussing on that :man_shrugging:

Because there is obviously nothing coming through our academy in terms of strikers, the academy struggled last year and we’re looking at signing players for it that we can develop?

1 Like

Willock has looked as useful as this lad (and by that I mean, not very) in the opportunities he’s been given.

I’m not saying this lad won’t go on to be better, but just assuming he is based on … just signing for us, is probably why you big up every signing we ever make :man_shrugging:

This is crazy, I was actually defending the signing because it won’t effect us in the short term.

Don’t couch your comments with exclusionary precedents. Either back them or not. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not really bigging him up, I’ve already said that he didn’t look great in pre season but if the club are willing to develop him in the academy and slowly integrate him into the first team, then i don’t see an issue with that.

There is a reason why Willock hasn’t played in pre season, Flynn explained it the other night.

Not at all, I really don’t think it’s that big of an issue, hence “If I’m being picky”. I stand by it one hundred percent.

But clearly even that is too much for some to handle.

No just everyone we ever sign, that’s my point. If you take the opinion that everyone we sign is automatically better than what we have, just because they signed, well … it explains a lot about our interactions.

Fine. Doesn’t change my point, Willock has played first team league football, and plenty of Youth Team. Hasn’t showed much, but neither has this lad.

It’d be interesting to compare the reaction of some fans if this kid didn’t trial with us and was signed as a 17 year old prospect for the youth team…

1 Like

Flynn " We are looking to add a few more players before the window shuts" I’d say we have a much improved budget.

1 Like

does the loan market continue past the transfer window or has that changed?

Who was the young striker we signed last year? Think he may have come in from Solihull?

That was Shay Willock, I think?

Maybe it was, I had a longer name in mind for some reason.

You say that but we offloaded Kiernan and Mayo, outside of the Johnson loan we haven’t been all that active for weeks.

Looks like i was lead up the garden path by Pomlett on Wednesday. May be he did a Colette Rooney on me to see who it was who was breaking the Club info early. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

Think you mean Colleen Rooney :wink:

Totally agree. Wilock has looked no where near ready for first team football. If he’s replaced by this player then I think it’s a good move

Colette, Colleen??? They are all as mad as a box of frogs and have far more money than sense!!!

2 Likes

Glad this bloody crap is all over.They’ve both had far too much news time in my opinion.

1 Like

Neither Colette nor Coleen has an ounce of Rebecca Vardy’s class!!:woozy_face: