Summer Transfer Rumours / Confirmed 2023

To early for this again, at least leave it until the end of the season!!!

One confirmed rumour is I have transferred myself from Season Ticket FC to Non-ST FC.

9 Likes

I was with you until this bit!!

1 Like

Whoever we sign you will predictably say ā€˜Good signing this one. Pleased with thatā€™. Then predictably they will be absolutely shite. Happens every year lol

2 Likes

Whatā€™s that got to do with my post?

Nothing. Just thought Iā€™d say it. A bit of banter like you with the Gensanx123 head attached to someoneā€™s body

Shots fired.

A belt and braces approach to this summers transfer business should stand us in good stead.

1 Like

One thing thatā€™s for sure is that I donā€™t want to be feeling like this this time next year.I want something left to play for and a team I can be proud of and enjoy watching.If we end up in this position yet again next year I personally think Iā€™ll be done for good.

2 Likes

I have renewed but based on this year, there will be a big question mark next year if there is not a significant improvement.

1 Like
1 Like

After reading that, we all know it wonā€™t be US signing him! With Flynn at the helm cue us chasing some Championship reserve who once scored against an under 14ā€™s girls side when he was eleven.

At the age of 30 DJ will want a good final contract, in excess of 2 years, decent salary etc. I donā€™t think he will move south as that would be further away from his north east home, family ties etc. His options are limited in that respect, especially if Hartlepool go down. Notts Co is a possibility as it is near to the A1, taking him home in 2/3 hours. A bit closer than us. If we have ambitions to get to league one and stay there is he the striker for us? He may help us to get there but may not contribute much once we are there? On balance I think we should go for him just to get out of this horrible, brutal league. Then deal with the lengthy contract issue once we get there.

I can see Wrexham offering him a deal.

Theyā€™ll want as many proven scorers as possible and have the budget to do it.

With our recent form Iā€™m sure we wiil go for him with all the publicity that goes with it in pre season.
Knowing he wonā€™t com here.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t rule out him coming here but he would need some convincing and a 2 year deal minimum. I just hope it doesnā€™t become a saga like January and I appreciate he wants to weigh up his options and as a player will probably trade off the different offers to get the best deal for himself. We need to ensure we have other targets so we are not scrambling around on deadline day trying to find a substandard replacement.

7 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure that we would have paid the fee in January if he would have committed to a 2 year deal then. He wouldnā€™t, which is fine, but now that moment has gone, Iā€™d be looking elsewhere.

1 Like

Therin lies the rub, we donā€™t and wonā€™t spend on players, just hope that the Trivela management realise that too and change the Bonserite/Wheldon skinflint history. But I doubt that things will changeā€¦freebies and Championship reserves (for free) will still be the order of the day for little old Worsul, with Flynn continuing to stifle any enthusiasm or ability any of 'em might actually have.

But is that true, donā€™t know if you saw what I posted yesterday.
WFC were the eighth highest spenders on agents fees in 22/23 , so the natural conclusion is that the actual budget will be in relation to this

1 Like

Two players who we should definitely be looking at this this summer are Dave Worrall from Port Vale and Mo Faal from WBA.

Worrall is a quality midfielder who can play wide.or centrall. 32 years of age but is know for being an aggrrsslive ball-carrying type player, and one that we desperately need. Out of contract in the summer.

Faal is a 6ā€™5" striker, 20.years old, and has huge potential and highly regarded at WBA. A season long loan would be a fantastic addition for next season.

Two cracking players who would definitely strengthen us, but no doubt our lot wont even enquire about them.

2 Likes