Taylor Allen signs

Sounds to me like this is more than likely a signing as back up rather than first choice and I imagine he wont be taking up much of the wage budget at all, at a time when some of our highest earners are in the physio room all season it makes sense.

Will also be happy with the goalkeeper coming in, will be disappointed if we don’t go all out to bring in a proven goalscorer as I think that’ll be the difference between this side being 10th-15th and competing in and around the top 7.

2 Likes

Hmm I heard that last summer and those “clear upgrades” amounted too 1 extra point. I’m nowhere near confident enough in these signings to call them clear upgrades.

2 Likes

That was last season, the lad we signed yesterday is a clear upgrade on the Ladabie that I watched. The left back Gordon is a clear up grade on Ward and I’d also say the lad from Carlisle is a solid option when compared to Osadebe.

Where we have weakened is upfront, and that’s going to be key.

Hmm I’m not Labadie’s biggest fan, but you’ve perfectly encapsulated my point. He was supposed to be a big upgrade on what we had the season before. Let’s wait to actually watch these players before declaring them a big upgrade, I’m not sure Comley has the pedigree to definitely say that.

Possibly, but is he a clear upgrade on Shade? Not sure, haven’t seen enough of him to say that.

Different positions, but I agree he’s an upgrade, because we didn’t really have right wing back.

I’ll be impressed if this Keeper is as good as Rushworth as well. I also think we’re severely lacking creativity, but that’s nothing new.

1 Like

Ye we haven’t had a creative player for years, well one that can stay fit… they cost money!

2 Likes

Think we have to mate been our problem since Cook went

Preparation for the National League?

Yeah, since being in League Two we’ve never had a proper goalscorer. Awful really considering we’re apparently a club always wanting to get out of this league.

1 Like

Taylor Allen intrigues me. He didn’t let us down when he played, but equally didn’t do too much to impress.

Didn’t get much of a look in toward the end of the season and I expected him to be released. However he got a contract with an option.

Now Sadler’s playing him as a left centre back, so MS obviously sees potential.

Been decent in all the pre season games too :+1:t2:

1 Like

When he first signed he looked decent. He then seemed to lose his way . I’m very 50/50 for the lad. Sadler has given him a big vote of confidence . Big season for him and hopefully with a gaffer that believes in him he can improve significantly.

2 Likes

He’s a decent back up player and at his age there’s time to improve. I don’t mind him being a squad filler and a work in progress

Know some people at Romulus F.C.were Allen started they speak very highly of him there and weren’t at all surprised he made the pro game .they think he’s a player with a lot of potential still to develop yet .