Taylor out?

Let’s try and not let Taylor be the scapegoat for Pomlett, Gamble and the obnoxious Mole

9 Likes

The entire club is full of non league staff, pomlett, Fullerton, gamble, Mole, Taylor and the players, the bench today just showed how effective our new DOF has been.
As if what we’ve had to put with on the pitch wasn’t bad enough our stewards allowed a lad with a villa shirt into the middle tier bar at half time and stand right at the end of the bar so everyone could see the clown.
I let a bloke have his say before I said what I thought only to be told by our staff to leave it, I told them your singling out the wrong guy surely the lad dressed in villa colours was the one upsetting fans ?
That was my first pint in there for two seasons and will be my last, the club is rotten from top to bottom.

1 Like

Team is 1 point off the bottom of football league. No it’s not too early.

There’s plenty more wrong at the club than the manager though. I mean Forest Green also put an under 23 premier league manager in charge and they’re cruising at top of the league.

Taylor needs results soon though otherwise he won’t make it to xmas. I still have faith just about. He has been unlucky with injuries. Zero minutes of Holden, Wilko out for weeeks when he hits form and Kinsella also out leaving a very lightweight central midfield.

1 Like

How can Taylor not take any of the blame today, who puts SIX defenders on when you’re playing at home against a struggling side? Clueless - absolutely clueless! Why not bring Willis, or even Bates on for Osadebe following his injury? No instead he brings on Menayese - another defender!

3 Likes

This was always a complete gamble of an appointment. For me the big question is how much has he been backed and how competitive is our budget, but I guess we’ll never really know. When you see Clarke doing well at Port Vale you have to conclude that we are probably still operating with one-hand tied behind our back financially.

I don’t want to sound like a Wolves or Villa fan, but for a club of our fanbase and history, at least challenging for a top 7 finish in this division should almost be a given.

3 Likes

Agree, I think he confused himself as he didn’t know where to play them/formation.

Taylor needs support. He also needs to learn from his mistakes. He also needs with his coaching staff to sort the fitness out with these players because its simply not good enough.

The board need to get that chequebook out now and Fullerton needs get some quality free agents urgently. Our squad is getting decimated by injuries.

As much as Taylor got it wrong today, what is our experienced assistant Manager doing to help him out?

7 Likes

This is on JF not MT. Look at that bench. In nearly all the games he’s left with no options at all.

Terrible recruitment.

6 Likes

Absolutely mate could not agree more it looks like we wasted a huge part of the budget on a spine that got league two tongues wagging and not much else.

1 Like

Took them off because were both injured…

2 Likes

We have to look at what the common denominator is here
Look at what has been happening over the last few years
IT is the director and his poor appointments that are letting us down, they are incompetent and we are sleepwalking into relegation

3 Likes

I agree. This is exactly what I have said before. It cannot be that all the managers we recruit are poor. I think it is definitely to do with budget. Today though I think Taylor taking Phillips off started our downfall.

1 Like

The spine of the team simply isn’t there. Labadie-Kins-Holden-Wilko-Miller then you judge although obviously it’s a problem if it takes until November-December to see it as by then club will be established yet again in bottom half if not careful.

It’s very frustrating but I still think there’s a decent top half team lurking somewhere in this squad. Becomes more difficult to argue that though with defeats like today and Taylor didn’t help himself dropping the best CB currently at the club.

3 Likes

Taylor is really really struggling. We defended better under Dutton and he tried a passing style Aswell.
8 goals we have conceded have come from set plays. 8!!! And we haven’t had and injuries to our defence. That should be dealt with by management and coaching! Atrocious stat

1 Like

Yes I heard that on WM, which goes back to the point most of this forum were making last month - we have no strength in depth, no attacking options and as soon as we pick up a few injuries we’re screwed.

It all became a reality very quickly, that can’t be on MT given our new structure.

I’m not saying that they are all poor, but it is possible. If they’re all appointed by the same people who (self-confessed) know nothing about football, then it’s entirely feasible that they make bad appointments every single time. That’s one of the things the DOF should improve.

Said before Fullarton couldn’t direct traffic never mind be a director of football, if he thinks he’s bought in good players

2 Likes

The DOF was also appointed by people who don’t know anything about football….
Fullerton is a disaster so far and I’m not at all suprised by who recruited him

3 Likes

He’s relentless don’t ya know :roll_eyes:

1 Like