Taylor out?

Indeed. Somewhere, the cycle has to be broken.

Has Taylor actually had a say in bringing in these players to the club or told these are who you have got to work with? Today was not good enough, our defenders do not communicate and are going for the same ball, Miller was extremely isolated against 3 centre backs. Bristol get a goal back and we play for a draw!!! It’s not good enough and I will now not be wasting my money going to Exeter next week.

PS - I have been told from a extremely good source that we were a smidge from signing Archer from Villa. However Fullerton put a stop to it as he felt his goal scoring record wasn’t good enough and wanted to sign Miller instead. There you have it…. Our Director of Football Mr Jamie Fullerton.

3 Likes

Taylor has to learn fast and live up the promises made.

I can’t stand this negative football, and negative tactics.

I think Wilkinson getting injured is key here…he was playing well and team picked up results. Him being wide can take some of the focus off Miller who really struggled v two physical CBs at Newport and by a few posts in match thread seemed same happened today.

I do actually think there was a decent plan in some areas of the recruitment but getting them all on the pitch at same stage is a big issue so far this season.

4 Likes

He was down South talking to a player don’t you know :+1:t2:

1 Like

I’m not for Taylor out but I am getting a bit fed up of hearing how great the players are in training.

Interesting. When did it nearly happen? I mean by last day of the window he’d already scored a hat trick for Villa in the cup and since then he’s scored at Chelsea and came on last 10 minutes today so he’s not being loaned out in January and certainly not to a league 2 club.

Time to target him was early July but seems there was real lax attitude to getting in a proper CF.

1 Like

This is really starting to feel like the Keates reign. Hope I’m wrong.

2 Likes

Pomlett is the route cause of it all. Won’t have anyone tell me anything different. Top 10 budget rhetoric is a load of rubbish. I was told of a player and it’s 100 pct accurate who signed for Bromley instead of us because the offer was that much better. That’s our level. So no wonder we are struggling

2 Likes

Even Clarke is doing OK with the Vale 4th in the table at a well managed and financed club

Am beginning to understand now why he jumped ship

5 Likes

I know I am going to get crucified for this but
Put Lasibie Holden Wilkinson kinsella into that team we win
Late goals v Scunthorpe Newport and today has cost us six points we could have been in top half at least
MT maybe inexperienced but Macdonald should bring that know how
The issue is defensive recruitment stop crosses defend set pieces we can’t do it 8 out our 13 goals conceded are from set plays
The squad needs more but if we put the four missing players back in the bench would possible have Phillips Perry Earing shade or different combos like kienan instead of shade which gives the options we are missing

3 Likes

Many of the comments are laughable, as expected. Top of the pile is that “pomlett should step down” from his position.

22nd in league two. We don’t own our ground. We pay over £400k in rent each year. Who exactly is going to buy such a club if Pomlett “steps down”?

Do you think that’s acceptable?

What’s that got to do with the point I’m making? The fact that we are 22nd, don’t own our ground, pay crippling rent, don’t have the off field income we did pre-pandemic and have a toxic fanbase means that nobody is going to be interested in buying walsall so to say “pomlett has to go” is utterly pointless and stupid.

1 Like

Anyone want to play the @ShropsSaddler drinking game?

Shot for every time he blames the fans :+1:t2::disappointed_relieved:

6 Likes

How is the fan base toxic ffs :joy::joy::joy:

Season tickets sold in good numbers , 1300 at Tranmere, all I have seen is good support.

13 Likes

Pomletts other son.

2 Likes

It’s got to the point, when I was on the train back after the game, that I just can’t stop thinking “I can’t be bothered any more”

Anyone else feel like this?

I have a season ticket, and I genuinely feel like just picking and choosing now.

We have given this club so much support over the years, and even moreso during the pandemic - and this is what we are given in return?

A steaming pile of dog crap.

You lot running this club, hang your heads in shame. This is actually worse than Bonser now - and I can’t even believe i’m saying it.

10 Likes

You just long for that free-flowing Darrell Clarke football we all grew to know and love.

3 Likes

Joking aside, I don’t see how this ‘football’ which we were promised, that would be attacking and attractive… is anything different to anything served up by Clarke.

It’s pathetic. I’m probably more angry now, than under Clarke because we were categorically told in pre season by Leigh that we would have a much better season.

Thinking out loud, I think much of my patience with Clarke was due to the pandemic and the restrictions that placed on football… but there is zero excuses for this shambles.

I think Clarke’s squad was better (and he’s, underperformed) but I don’t think we ever looked dead on our feet 70 mins every game, nor retreated into our own half as much as we do now.

I don’t think this is all Taylor’s fault mind, he’s being handicapped by this unbalanced pathetic squad mostly… but the decisions today to replace two midfielders with a RB and Centre half is a cause for serious concern.

1 Like