Taylor out?

God help us then.

Disagree slightly about Labadie - thought he would be a good signing. Had always impressed me as a driving force in Newport’s transition from a lower League 2 side to one repeatedly in the play off picture.

Haven’t seen much of that with us, his only notable statistic is his discipline record.

Exactly the point.

The model is: Taylor identifies the type of player he wants and Fukkarton goes our to try get him. I’m sure Taylor’s connections could/should help!

And I’ll never agree that 4-2-3-1 is the best and only system for these players. I think 3-5-2 is worth a try. But how do we do know: Taylor ain’t tried it!!

And this is where it’s all nonsense, who would identify Shade and Philips as a good fit?? Neither have any track record for us to scout.

Kiernan, not wanted by Harrogate etc etc … it’s all waffle

Yeah, I mean you’re just flipping between what suits you depending on which contradictory point you want to make on a post by post basis now. One minute Taylor is failing with players he had a big hand in bringing in, the next he’s not using his contacts to help :man_shrugging: Choose one. At least you seem to be getting it now though that Fullarton is the one signing the players.

3-5-2?! We’ve only got 2 available centre halves at the club and one striker!! :joy::joy::joy:

Let’s face it, there is only one reason we went with someone as inexperienced as Taylor is for the simple fact that a better, much more experienced manager would more than likely want to be able to bring in far better players than we have so far this season. An ambitious, proven manager certainly wouldn’t keep saying that he is happy with what we have and the quality he sees in training every day when it is clear for everyone else to see that we don’t. A more experienced manager wouldn’t also accept going into a new season with such a shambolic recruitment process with respect to the centre forwards and left back positions.

No doubt MT is a nice bloke, probably too nice for his own good. By keep coming out and saying he is happy with what he has got is putting no pressure whatsoever on the Board or Fukkarton. What he should have been coming out and saying is that we need to do us use the January transfer window to get some extra bodies in to strengthen the side for the 2nd half of the season, and we need to do our business early. In my view a stronger manager would have been saying this back in November and December, hence openly putting pressure on Pomlett and Fullarton to do their jobs. MT clearly doesn’t want to be seen to be upsetting the apple cart and toeing the company line.

Taylor must be a chairmans dream for the way he never says we need this and we need that. I am sick of being told we are a good side, WE ARE NOT!!!

Unfortunately I don’t go to away games these days so can only judge on what I see at home games. But most Saturdays I sit there in ore and also with a degree of jealousy watching the way most of the opposition teams play against us. The way they move and drive the ball though midfield with pace and passing and play down the wings, and the movement of their forward lines and the way they link up their play. I sit there and think well why can’t we play like that?

Surely we are not asking for much? In my opinion we still don’t have an ‘identity’, what ever that means? If this is our ‘identity’ then they all need to know that it is generally absolutely crap to watch and is not going to get us anywhere quickly apart from downwards.

Pomlett needs to stop kidding himself. This season is no better than previous ones. By appointing a DoF is quite clever when you think about it, as was saying he knows nothing about football. When it fails, which it is, he will say its not his fault but the DoF’s as he has been entrusted with the football side of things. LP needs to grow a pair, and quickly!!!

2 Likes

I’d love to know the criteria Taylor supposedly gave to Fullarton to sign Zach Mills.

“Ere Jamie, go out and find me a full back so bad that nobody really sure whether he plays on the left or the right”

“Ok Matt, any particular attributes you want him to have”

“Yeah, make sure he’s abysmal at tackling heading and passing a football. Cheers mate!”

1 Like

I know mate it’s laughable, we don’t need a DOF to recruit such rubbish.

It’s just insulting the fans intelligence.

It might be worth a try but can you map out which players are playing where in that formation.

All the Halifax lot said he was a pr1ck don’t think he’s lasted more than 18 months anywhere he’s been as I’ve said before through LP falls for a bull shatter.

1 Like

What!!!

Read my previous posts, oh omniscient one. I explain how 3-5-2 might work with the players we’ve got. It involves using Ward as a left-sided centre-back - anything to get him away from left-back where he has been responsible for about 5 of the last 8 goals we’ve conceded.

MT has selected Miller, Phillips and Wilkinson this season to play up front on their own, but won’t play two of them together. I find it baffling.

1 Like

I’ve listed it above or in another thread, but here is my fit for 3-5-2:

Rushworth- White (or Leak), Menayese, Ward - Khan, Kinsella, Labadie, Earing, Kiernan- Miller, Wilkinson (or Phillips).

Subs: Rose, White (or Leak), Mills, Osadebe, Shade, Phillips (or Wilkinson),

And I explained why it won’t.

You want to take a left back, who isn’t very good at left back, and stick him centre half? Vintage, that.

Just read you want to play White the other side too :flushed::flushed::flushed: 3 at the back … but actually only one centre half. Wow.

Maybe because only one of that three are a striker.

He’s played all three up front on their own, but hasn’t played two together.

And whenever Wilkinson and Phillips have played up top they’ve been rubbish. Because they aren’t strikers. I don’t know how many times they have to prove their not strikers for people to accept they aren’t strikers.

1 Like

Phillips was signed as a striker. MT has chosen all three to play on their own, but won’t play two of them.