Taylor out?

Back to problems with the bogs again? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Indeed. Makes us look like a stop gap for out of work footballers who can use us as a very short term vehicle to get match fit and provide a shop window. And unlike other gyms and advertising spaces, you actually get paid for the service we offer. As business models go, I can see a flaw or two! A micro-cosm of the whole organisation.

1 Like

Hate to think where we’d be now if Dean Smith hadn’t spent 5 years fighting the tide. Decades of hard decline.

7 Likes

On the pitch, its Taylor and Fullertons fault.

Tactically, we dont have the 10, the wingbacks, the 9 or 11 to play a good 4231. But he wont change it for love nor money. Sigh.

Personnel wise, its Full-of-Omelette’s fault.
Transfers:
Good - Mayo; Monthe; Kiernan; Khan
Average - Labadie; Wilko; Earing
Poor - Taylor, Ward;

Loans:
Good - Rushworth
Average - Miller
Poor - Shade; Philips;

I think if you compare this team Vs the team we went down with, maybe Mayo and Monthe would get in. The rest, nowhere near that squad.

1 Like

In fairness I’d settle for that, if we had players who had the ability and determination to attack the ball.

It would make those deliveries look a whole lot better.

1 Like

Personally, I wouldn’t care if he did walk. He’s just too rigid in his approach. We used to moan about Clarke being too clever for his own good and changing the team for every game. That was excessive but so is Taylor’s approach: never changing things. I’m amazed that he hasn’t tried 3 at the back, especially with Monthe out. White or Leak, Menayese and Ward could be the 3. This would also allow us to play 2 upfront and 3 in midfield (Kinsella, Labadie and Earing).

We don’t have good enough wide men to make 4-2-3-1 work effectively. I don’t rate Shade or Phillips out wide: Kiernan is okay and Wilkinson can be good but it’s not enough to make Taylor’s preferred (only?) formation work.

I fancy Matt Saddler as Taylor’s replacement- I think he’s got what it takes.

I’m no being funny, but on what evidence?

2 Likes

I think we need a Fullerton out thread soon🤨

2 Likes

The way I’ve seen him organise others during games. He’s also got a lot of experience playing in the lower leagues and has played for some good managers. It’s a hunch but based on some evidence. One thing I’ll say about Taylor: for all his contacts in the game, how many players has he brought in due to his connections? I can’t think of any!

Yeah I hope we don’t go down that route but you can kind of see it coming in the future.

I mean if we are going to go with the DOF structure (Fullarton or someone else) who get the best possible players in possible within the budget. Then a manager who can organise a football team to win matches in the 4th Division. No need for fancy styles of play, or an identity built over x-amount of years.

I’m not trying to say we should get rid of Matt Taylor, he is here now and deserves more time for sure. I’m just no sure it was the right appointment given the route we wanted to go down. Although there seems to be more than a few question marks about Fullarton right now also. Bit of a mess really.

2 Likes

So has Taylor. And played for much better managers than Sadler ever has. I’m not sure id be any more confident in Sadler based on that.

Possibly none, because he’s not in charge of recruitment. But he played with Menayese so I wouldn’t write him off having zero influence.

All we want is something to believe in, the reaction to a last minute equaliser at home to Newport showed that.

6 Likes

Am I dreaming or do we not already have an ‘assistant manager’? What does this McDonald guy actually bring to the party? Must be the cushiest job at Bescot along with Stadium Manager…both roles appear to be ghost salaries!

1 Like

And McDonald (or MugDonald as he was known at Blackpool).

1 Like

Well, it doesn’t look like Taylor has learned much about how to set up a team to get out of Division 4, does it (and I mean to League 1, not the Confetence)?

And where are all the Tottenham youngsters we thought we would be signing? Just because Fukkarton is DOF, doesn’t stop Taylor identifying and helping to bring in new players - he must have loads of contacts. Our main feeder club seems to be Halifax Town!

1 Like

Meh, he’s done it as well as he can with the players at his disposal in my opinion. I reckon much much much better managers than Taylor would struggle to get a tune out of a squad with massive holes in it, one striker who can’t score, centre halves embroiled in scandals, and only one formation possibly to play and even that barely fits the players.

I mean, I literally just gave you an example of that when you said you couldn’t think of any but sure, let’s just assume he brings nothing to the table in that respect :man_shrugging:

Ward? And that’s going well, so far, isn’t it?

I haven’t got time for a long debate as my lunch and a glass of red wine are waiting but I disagree totally with this statement. I don’t believe that he has got the best out of the players. For instance: why has he not played Kinsella more? He seems to like playing Osadebe instead which hasn’t worked all season and yet he continues to persist with it - why when it’s obvious it ain’t working?

And the 4-2-3-1 formation just ain’t suited to the players he had a big say in signing. I wish him well but to say he couldn’t have done any better with the resources he’s got is bollocks! Let’s see what this Transfer Window brings - he might pull a few rabbits out of the hat, who knows?

1 Like

Again, meh :man_shrugging: I prefer Kinsella but him and Labadie are much of a muchness.

As for Osedebe, I’m not his biggest fan by any means, but to be fair, the other number 10 in the squad has been injured for over a year now and after a nice start, I’m starting to worry Jack Earing wasn’t as developed as we all thought. Not sure he’s had much option.

But nice job cutting the context out of my quote there :+1:

Far from it. It “ain’t” just suited to the players, it’s the only one that fits :man_shrugging:

How many times do you need it explaining that he’s not in charge of recruitment. Will once more do the trick, or?

You’ve got to love it. 5 minutes ago he was rubbish because he didn’t have a hand in any of the players coming to the club. Now he’s rubbish because he’s not getting anything out of these players he had a “big hand” in recruiting.

You know if Taylor left, Fullarton would assume control

2 Likes