Taylor out?

There are some v v v v v worrying comments on Facebook as to why fullarton got the job. God help the club if that’s true!!!

Summary? Or are they WFHYS nonsense?

Pomlett out

1 Like

There are many things wrong at the club but, on the playing side, the finger has to be firmly pointed at Jamie Fullarton. He had no track record worthy of the name before he joined us and fans of Halifax Town and Notts County warned us that he was a failure. He saw our closing games of the season, under the Dutton régime, and he knew what dross we had on our books. Apart from goalkeeper, are there any of our many new signings who are better than the rubbish they replaced?

We are told how hard-working Fullarton is. Well, if that’s the best that he can do, he is clearly not up to the job. Sadly, Leigh Pomlett must take some of the blame as he appointed Fullarton and was clearly taken in by his b******t.

6 Likes

Massive overreaction!

How on earth are we going to create an identity and stability if we are going to scrap the blueprint/plans every time we hit a bump in the road.

I personally think 75% of the recruitment has been bang on we have just been unlucky with injuries.

4 Likes

So please share, more info required…hate Facebook.

Few things.

1. This isn’t an overreaction to one game. It’s an emotional reaction to 6 years of year on year decline. And many more before that special season.

2. We are 22nd in League Two. We only have 4 more points than Oldham.

3. Bristol Rovers haven’t scored more than 1 in a game since April. They also haven’t won away since December I believe.

4. The squad is unbalanced. Disastrously so.

5. Our front 3 are all kids on loan. Where is the squad building? Our best player is our keeper - on loan. Our best defender is on loan. Can you run it by me how this allows us to build an identity and side?

6. What happened to the attractive brand of football we would supposedly be playing this season?

7. Where has all the money gone ? Jules, Adebayo, Clarke and Rico money. Why can’t we sign experienced players to have a go?

20 Likes

A bump :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Today was a disgrace both on and off the pitch. Six defenders on the pitch can only be the fault of off the field management. No point blaming the DOF entirely as I expect the Head Coach had some input into recruitment.
My question to Mr Taylor…
If you have had any input to recruitment, why are you persisting with 4231when you clearly are having to play players out of position to do it.

That does not make sense.???

It’s something I’ve been talking about all season - we do not retain the ball.

Sure, we had Labadie and Kins missing today - but they don’t know how to control a game and keep possession either. At least, not at the level of a team pushing for promotion.

This squad is pathetic.

Can someone please explain to me why we brought on a crap left back (Mills) and not Bates today?

I’d also play Leak and Menayese now. We are desperate beyond belief for some mobility and pace at the back.

I don’t think there’s any issue with us trying to create an identity, in fact it’s a real positive in my book.

The problem is that I don’t think Taylor has been given a balanced squad to be able to dominate games with his preferred 4-2-3-1 and actually create an identity or style of play. 36% possession today and another week where we didn’t have an answer to a team playing 5 at the back.

Newport, Hartlepool and Rovers have now all overwhelmed us whilst using that formation, we’ve got to try and find ways of imposing our game on the opposition or we just end up being so passive that conceding is almost inevitable.

1 Like

Your first point is spot on. The fanbase is frustrated by 6 years of failure in a row. I understand that but it is still far too early to write this team off.We haven’t played our strongest team in one game yet.We have been hard hit by injuries and after today that might get worse before it gets better.
As I have posted elsewhere the one big mistake and it is a huge one was the failure to sign an experienced centre forward .That has been compounded by the loss of Wilkinson who is the one experienced front man we have. If he was fit then Philips could play in a more central role perhaps alongside Miller which would give us more of the ball up top.
I fear the next few matches will not be easy but the season is long and we have time to recover.
Incidentally whilst I don’t like the number of loan players we have I would think that most teams in our division are in a similar position. I regret that is the way football is going theses days with more and more money being concentrated at the top end of the game.

4 Likes

Bristol Rovers had 7 out today spoke to one of there fans still managed to beat us maybe its the depth of the squad thats the problem anyone considered that? a few injuries and we are in shit street already and some on here said this and saw it coming weeks ago.

1 Like

Come on lets have some screenshots

1 Like

Heard today in 1888 club that Taylor is very unsettled

May walk folks

1 Like

Wouldnt blame him tbh end up with his reputation in tatters at this club.

2 Likes

Two central mids are injured, one is suspended. Rest? Well, too young, or maybe carry some covid side effects. I don’t know why it is the JF fault. When the previous manager overloaded central midfield, there were opinions that money was not spent optimally. Was JF responsible for fitness preparations? I doubt it. So in short, MT has a rather steep learning curve. Despite fitness and injuries, there are six points to playoff places. We are still in September and nothing has been lost. I prefer to be optimistic and hope it will be better.

2 Likes

It’s more like a massive sink hole!!!

Take the one decent performance of the season away against Mansfield and we are bottom of the heap.
Just to be clear that’s bottom of the 4th division of professional football.
Congratulations to Mr. Omelette and his cronies.Let that sink in.

After watching this shite I’d take Bonser back in a heartbeat. Ground rent or no ground rent.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:
Says everything about the club, we have an unproved manager trying to carve his career out in league football and he wants to walk away from US, what a funking joke of a club😂

1 Like