Team for next season

:100: thought that myself earlier when Merson story was put on

Jack Rose - gone

1 Like

It begins

Bodes well, shows we’re being ruthless!

Knew Rose wouldn’t stay. Next year would have been his fourth year with us and he’s always been second choice, he never let us down but it gives him an opportunity to find first team football elsewhere and it gives Flynn the chance to bring in his own number one keeper.

2 Likes

He is, believe it or not.

5 Likes

Bit of a shame that one. Never got the chance he was due, and never let himself down in the chances he got. Genuinely think Rushworth was so much better than anyone expected coming in and that pretty much spelled the end for him.

1 Like

It says on wiki that he’s 20 turns 21 July 2nd.

1 Like

Hence the question mark.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Released:

Tom Leak

Joe Willis

Jack Rose

Zak Mills

Lee Tomlin

It’s out!

1 Like

Pretty much as expected I think.

Shame Tomlin didn’t work out.

Sorry to see Leak leave. I think there is a useful player there . I also wish Rose well for the future. As for the rest it means we have 12 players already under contract with 2 badly injured. About 10 new players required then …good luck Mr Flynn.

1 Like

Could be more if we transfer some of those under contract, which is likely.

1 Like

I personally think we need to!

1 Like

So we need, as an absolute minimum I reckon, and assuming we go all out 3-5-2…
2 goalies.
2 wing backs, plus cover for the left wing back assuming White would be used as cover on the right?
1 centre back as if we are gonna play with 3, then 3 from 5 sounds about right and we already have 4 with Daniels, Monthe, White, Menayese.
1 midfielder. I’d prefer if Osadebe doesn’t sign as I’d rather have Earing in the attacking midfielder role. Well, I’d rather have Holden but unfortunately that’s a long way off.
At least 2, probably 3 forwards, and that’s not counting Wilkinson and assuming Rodney stays.

One positive (well not so much of a positive, more like less of a negative than it usually is) is that of the players retained for next season, only Foulkes could be classed as really inexperienced so should the majority of those retained still be here at the start of the season there is some experienced back up to come in as and when required. Especially with the defence and midfield, its quality rather than quantity needed.

The usual problem then is up front, where we need to spend most of whatever pennies can be prised from the piggy bank this year.

Also Shaw, Maher and Willcock could be fringe players to occasionally top up the bench

1 Like

Personally i would get rid of kiernan also… puts alot of effort in but is terrible… especially his back pass shots from saturday :smile:

Wonder when our first signing will be announced.

Probably wouldn’t want to come here, but if Ripley’s game…

1 Like