Team for next season

Fair enough. Still not sure our board has the passion, or even care. The working directors maybe (however shit they are at working), but the crusties? One massive reason I’m disappointed in Pomlett is he’s kept them. He’s not Bonser? He may as well be, now. Done nothing to change things.

I’ll give him the Covid years but the next twelve months will make it clearer. He’s either Bonser’s puppet or not. Looking like there’s strings on his arms or a hand up his jacksie right now…

4 Likes

If he wants to see hunger he should wander into the crowd at half time when the kiosks have run out of pies, bovril, bread and beer. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Relatively speaking he has a point about WFC

4 Likes

I’ve said all along that Bonser still owns and runs this club, 76% share holding in a worthless husk means sod all, he may be ‘Chairman’ but I bet every decision made at the Poundland Arena has to be run past the real boss first, via Bonser’s No.1 puppet Roy Whalley. That is why Pomlette has to be so very ‘guarded’ when answering questions regarding the club.

Leigh has still made NO change to the football club whatsoever and masks it by a few interviews on You Tube. I will be first to acknowledge it, when he does make the changes so desperately needed.

In the meantime it’s down to Flynn to work a lot of magic this summer.

2 Likes

Do it on YouTube.

1 Like

See Max Melbourne has been released by Lincoln as well as John Marquis

I’d say Marquis being released is more to do with his wage demands. No chance he would entertain coming here.

Max Melbourne is actually good shout, think he would be perfect for left wing back.

1 Like

Maybe, maybe not. Portsmouth fans were pretty unanimous in their criticism of him and he’s not really proved them wrong in his time at Lincoln. I wonder if he’s one of those players who slotted perfectly into a certain style and ethos at Doncaster but can’t replicate it in other situations? A bit like Ricketts under Sam Allardyce, who recognised the way to get the best out of him was to counter attack and have him on the shoulder of the last man.

16 goals in 41 (20/21) might not be good enough for Portsmouth in League One, but I still think that is too good to be a realistic target for us.

Yes, I remember when Big Sam said he had promised Ricketts that he would “pull him off at half time” which presumably motivated the player. :grin:

1 Like

This is a fekkin huge 12 months the more I think about it - a lot of these debates re Pomlett will be put to bed one way or another…

4 Likes

Temporarily locking this thread. It’s nowhere near the original topic and has branched more times than great big branch thing. Please continue to discuss on the transfer rumours thread, which is the closest, or start another if you want.

3 Likes